- A British citizen living in the US shared the greatest things that surprised him while eating.
- Brenden Guy was recreating the cultural
differenceshe went on from ordering eggs to tips.
- The video went viral with 8.4 million views and hundreds of comments.
British TikToker Brenden Guy has lived in the US for over a decade. But he still vividly remembers getting used to it
In April, Guy walking from @brendenandellie popped a
“There are so many differences, big and small, that I still experience every day, so I thought it would be fun to make a sketch of it,” Guy, who lives outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, told Insider. In the video, titled “American Diner Edition,” Guy acts both as himself – a British customer in the US – and as an American waiter.
American Diner Edition (IB: @ kacierose4) ## cultureshock ## culturedifferences ## britsintheusa ## ukvsusa ## culturaldifference
♬ Wii Shop Channel – McTweet
It has gained 8.4 million views since the video was released, and the video recently re-emerged, drawing viewers’ attention to its surprising findings.
Guy said one of the biggest differences he has noticed with eating in the US is the concept of free refills
The first thing Guy highlighted in his video was his discovery of free refills, which he thinks are uncommon in the UK. In the comments section, Guy made it clear that he was referring to soda refills, not necessarily water.
“You get free health care. We get free refills. Even Stevens,” joked one TikTok user about the differences between the two countries.
Guy was also confused when asked how he would like his eggs to be boiled
Guy seemed confused when a waiter asked him a simple question, “How would you like your eggs?” “So what is the standard egg preparation in England?” a TikToker asked in the comments.
“Fried and runny. No choice,” replied Guy.
Finally, Guy said tipping took some getting used to
In the video, Guy is seen leaving a single quarter instead of the 18-20% tip expected in the US.
Guy told Insider that tipping is one of the hardest things to get used to after moving.
“I probably lived here for at least a year before I made it,” he said. “It seems silly to many, but I’d heard so many different calculation methods, different percentages, not to mention how I would normally handle tips at home in England.”
Across TikTok, expat users have created similar content to showcase the cultural differences they found in their new home. In fact, Guy said the idea for his video came from another user, @ kacierose4, who created a similar series on cultural differences after moving to Italy from the US.
Study Books ( प्रतियोगिताओ की तैयारी के लिए किताबे )
- Bestselling books for competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Book for Upcoming competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- New releases in Exam prep books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Shop by competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Great Deals on Exam books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Best buys competitive exams, maximum savings (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Buy Study Materials (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
Important Notice ( महत्वपूर्ण निर्देश )
- Please always check official website before apply.
- कृपया आवेदन से पहले महत्वपूर्ण लिंक्स पर उपलब्ध अधिकारिक वेबसाइट के निर्देशों को ज़रूर पढ़ें )