Relevance: GS3 – Defense and Military Exercises
Click here for Daily Current Affairs
Why in the news?
- 17th Indo-US joint military exercise “Pre War Exercise 2021”“Recently started at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Alaska (USA).
- In February 2021, the previous (16th) round of drill was conducted at Mahajan Field Firing Range in Bikaner.
What is the importance of exercise?
- It is being organized with the goal of improving mutual understanding, cooperation and interactivity between Indian and US forces. The main goal of the exercise is for the participants to discuss tactical level exercises and learn from each other’s best practices.
- This is a step in the right direction for military relations between the two countries.
- The emphasis will be on joint arms maneuvers in cold weather.
How is the partnership between India and America?
- In June 2016, the United States classified India as a major defense partner. In recent years, the two countries have signed important defense and security agreements, such as ‘Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement (LEMOA)’ in 2016.
- lemoa Allows the armies of both countries to use each other’s bases for replenishment and repair of supplies as well as for deeper cooperation.
- In October 2020, BECA (Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement) It was signed to strengthen bilateral defense ties.
- It allows the two countries to share cutting edge military technologies, logistics and geospatial maps.
- In 2018, COMCASA (Communications Compatibility and Security Agreement) Signed.
- COMCASA Allows for interoperability between the two armies as well as the supply of high-tech equipment from the United States.
Some Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the Malabar exercise?
- The Malabar exercise is a trilateral maritime exercise between the warships of India, Japan and the United States of America.
- It is an annual exercise conducted by the navies of India, Japan and the United States of America alternately in the Indian and Pacific Oceans.
- It began in 1992 as a bilateral exercise between India and the United States.
- Then, in 2015, it was permanently expanded to a tripartite format with Japan.
Q: What is Tiger Triumph?
- The first ever collaborative tri-services Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) exercise between India and the United States, called ‘Tiger Triumph’.
- It aims to promote interoperability in the execution of HADR missions.
Q: What is Vajra Prahar exercise?
- India and the United States alternately host the Vajra Prahar joint exercise involving their special forces.
- Special forces are units of the armed forces that conduct covert, counter-terrorism and other specialized operations.
- To enhance the interoperability between the special forces of the two countries as well as to exchange learned experiences and practices in areas such as collaborative mission planning and operational strategy.
*The article may contain information on previous academic years, please visit the official website of the exam.
Study Books ( प्रतियोगिताओ की तैयारी के लिए किताबे )
- Bestselling books for competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Book for Upcoming competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- New releases in Exam prep books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Shop by competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Great Deals on Exam books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Best buys competitive exams, maximum savings (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Buy Study Materials (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
Important Notice ( महत्वपूर्ण निर्देश )
- Please always check official website before apply.
- कृपया आवेदन से पहले महत्वपूर्ण लिंक्स पर उपलब्ध अधिकारिक वेबसाइट के निर्देशों को ज़रूर पढ़ें )