The CBSE announced that the 2021-22 academic session for grades 10 and 12 will be split into two semesters with 50 percent curriculum each. The freshman exam would be held in November-December and the next in March-April. “The semester system at school level will relieve both teachers and students, as their workload for full lessons will be drastically reduced.
Therefore, it can also be introduced in state school schools, ”said PK Ilamaran, President of the Tamil Nadu Teachers’ Association. Teachers could cover parts on time if the semester system were introduced in schools, he said. “A lot of teachers tend to stop serving until their annual exams,” he added. KR Nandhakumar, General Secretary of Tamil Nadu Private Nursery, Primary, Matriculation, Higher Secondary and CBSE Schools’ Association welcomed the decision of the CBSE, saying, “In addition to reducing stress for students and teachers, students will perform better on exams, since they only need to cover 50 percent of the part in each exam session.
“Teachers could also self-assess student performance in the first semester, which would allow teachers to focus more on under-performing students,” added Nandhakumar, who is also the director of a private school in town. RC Saraswathi, a nationally award-winning teacher and director of the Government Girls Higher Secondary School in Ashok Nagar, welcomed the idea. “The semester system will be very useful in a pandemic like this.
In addition, the proportions would be lower if the exams were taken in two semesters, ”she said. However, S. Arumainathan, president of the Tamil Nadu Parents-Teachers Welfare Association, said that if the semester system were put in place for board examination students, both the state and the union government should ensure that there are no entrance exams of any kind for college admission are institutions.
“If there was a semester system at the school level, students would forget parts of the first exams and try to focus only on the final exam. Student performance on the college entrance exam will be poor as the questions for the entrance exams come from parts of the 12th grade.
Study Books ( प्रतियोगिताओ की तैयारी के लिए किताबे )
- Bestselling books for competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Book for Upcoming competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- New releases in Exam prep books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Shop by competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Great Deals on Exam books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Best buys competitive exams, maximum savings (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Buy Study Materials (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
Important Notice ( महत्वपूर्ण निर्देश )
- Please always check official website before apply.
- कृपया आवेदन से पहले महत्वपूर्ण लिंक्स पर उपलब्ध अधिकारिक वेबसाइट के निर्देशों को ज़रूर पढ़ें )