About AFCAT 2022
AFCAT 2022 Exam: through AFCATThe candidates are selected for all the three branches of IAF which are Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Ground Duty Branch. The eligibility criteria are different for different branches. Both male and female can apply for all the three branches. All the candidates must have a very clear idea of the AFCAT 2022 Exam Pattern and Syllabus before appearing in this exam.
In this article, we have discussed the AFCAT 2022 Exam Pattern and Syllabus in detail. All the candidates are suggested to go through it thoroughly.
AFCAT 2022 Selection Process
The online exam is conducted by the Indian Air Force. The selection process of AFCAT exam consists of the following steps:
- AFCAT Written Exam The only criterion for non-technical candidates is to clear the first stage; whereas AFCAT+ EKT (Engineering Knowledge Test) for Technical Candidates
- Air Force Selection Board (AFSB) Interview
- medical test
AFCAT 2022 Exam Pattern
The AFCAT exam consists of General Aptitude, General Awareness (GK), Verbal Ability, Reasoning and Military Aptitude. Candidates can check the exam pattern of AFCAT in the table given below.
|Examination||AFCAT||EKT (Only for Technical)|
|Mode of Examination||Online||Online|
|number of questions||100||50|
|Exam duration||2 hours (120 minutes)||45 minutes|
|section in the paper||General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||Mechanical, Computer Science and Electrical and Electronics|
|negative marking||1 point||1 point|
It is mandatory for all the candidates of AFCAT to appear in the written test. Also, the candidates who have applied for the technical posts will have to appear in the Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT).
total time duration: 2 hours
number of questions: 100
Marking Criteria: +3 for each correct answer
Negative Marking: -1 for each wrong answer
No marks for unanswered questions.
AFCAT 2022 Syllabus
This section tests the general knowledge of the candidates. The questions are framed on the basis of the ongoing, current events in different regions around the world. Around 20 questions are asked in this section.
The major topics covered in this section are given below:
- art and culture
- current affairs
- general Science
This section tests the proficiency of the student in English. Knowledge of language through comprehension is also a part of this section. The total number of questions asked from this section will be around 30.
The important topics for this section are:
- basic grammar
- Fill in the blanks by choosing the appropriate word
- fault spotting
- sentence completion
- synonyms and antonyms
- vocabulary test
This section is to check the knowledge, speed and accuracy of the student in solving numerical problems. Basic mathematical concepts are covered. The important topics of this section are as follows:
- decimal and fraction
- simple interest and compound interest
- Time and distance (trains/boats and streams)
- Ratio and Proportion
- time and work
- profit loss
Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test
Practice with questions from the topics given below to improve your Reasoning and Aptitude sections
- Venn diagram
- pattern completion
- dot position analysis
- blood related
- missing data
- Figure Classification
- coding and decoding
- open embedded data
AFCAT EKT is a 45 minute test And then there is the AFCAT. Candidates are given half an hour after which AFCAT EKT exam takes place. The total duration of the AFCAT exam is 2 hours and the mode of the exam is online.
NS AFCAT EKT Exam Syllabus There is a general engineering section which is based on common topics of many branches of engineering. Also, depending on the degree of the candidate, there are questions from the particular part. These include the following:
|AFCAT EKT Fundamental Engineering Syllabus||Engineering Physics, Engineering Mathematics and Engineering Drawing|
|AFCAT EKT Allied Engineering Subject Syllabus||Control Engineering, Telecommunication Systems, Electrical Engineering, Radar Theory, Instrumentation, Antenna, and Wave Propagation, and Microwave Engineering|
|AFCAT EKT Computer Science Engineering Syllabus||Information technology, network theory design, analog, and digital electronics, computer networks, switching theory, and electronic equipment|
|AFCAT EKT Mechanical Engineering Syllabus||Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics/Hydraulic Machines, Engineering Mechanics, Materials Science, Thermodynamics, Manufacturing Science and Machine Drawing|
|AFCAT EKT Electrical & Electronics Engineering Syllabus||Microwave Engineering, Analog, and Digital Electronics, Electronic Equipment, Telecommunication Systems, Microwave Engineering, Control Engineering, and Electrical Engineering|
Qualified candidates from AFCAT exam are called for AFSB interview. The interview consists of 3 stages:
Stage I: Officer Intelligence Rating Test along with Discussion Test and Picture Perception Test is conducted on the first day.
Phase II: Selected candidates are then allowed to proceed with the psychological test on the first day (afternoon) followed by document verification for the next five days followed by the group test and interview.
For Flying Branch: Candidates applying for Flying Branch should appear for Computerized Pilot Selection System (CPSS).
In the above article we have discussed the complete AFCAT 2022 Exam Pattern and Syllabus in detail. Every candidate is suggested to go through the syllabus before starting their preparation. It is hoped that the contents of the above article will prove useful for all the candidates who are going to appear in this exam.
Other useful articles:
- AFCAT 2022 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- AFCAT 2022 Application, Exam Dates, Vacancy, Selection Process
- UPSC CDS 2021 Exam Details- Notification, Date, Cut-Off, PYQ, Selection Process
- UPSC CDS 2021 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- NDA Exam 2022 – Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- NDA 2022 Exam Details- Notification, Pattern, Syllabus
- CTET 2021 Exam Details- Notification, Pattern, Syllabus, Exam Date
- CTET 2021 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- UP Police SI 2022 Exam Details- Notification, Application, Exam Date
- UP Police SI 2022 Syllabus & Exam Pattern in Detail
Study Books ( प्रतियोगिताओ की तैयारी के लिए किताबे )
- Bestselling books for competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Book for Upcoming competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- New releases in Exam prep books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Shop by competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Great Deals on Exam books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Best buys competitive exams, maximum savings (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Buy Study Materials (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
Important Notice ( महत्वपूर्ण निर्देश )
- Please always check official website before apply.
- कृपया आवेदन से पहले महत्वपूर्ण लिंक्स पर उपलब्ध अधिकारिक वेबसाइट के निर्देशों को ज़रूर पढ़ें )