APPSC ASO Syllabus 2021 Candidates who have applied for this post and now searching for syllabus from various sources can check here syllabus, detail syllabus pdf, selection process and exam pattern.
APPSC ASO Syllabus: Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission invites online applications from Indian Citizens for the post of Assistant Statistical Officer, Assistant Public Relations Office, Food Safety Officer, Hostel Welfare Officer. Candidates who have applied online and now looking for preparation syllabus can check here.
APPSC ASO Recruitment:-Overview
|Name of Institution||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Date of publication||12.10.2021|
|number of vacancy||38 posts|
|post name||assistant statistics officer|
|Selection Process||Written exam|
|exam date||available soon|
|Age Range||18-42 years|
|Pay Scale (Salary)||Rupee. 24,440-
APPSC ASO Selection Process
The selection for this recruitment notification will be based on Merit in written exam To be conducted as per plan and syllabus Annex – II. The selection of candidates for appointment to the post will be done on the basis of Written exam.
Written Exam Pattern (Objective Type)
|serial number||paper||Subject||number of questions||maximum marks||allotted time|
|1||Paper-1||General Studies and Mental Ability||150 marks||150 questions||150 minutes|
|2||Paper-2||Subject||150 marks||150 questions||150 minutes|
- According to GoM. No.235, Finance (HR-I, Plg & Policy) Dept., Dt. 06/12/2016, for each wrong answer will be punished with 1/3rd of the marks assigned to the question.
Written Exam Syllabus
General Studies and Mental Ability
- Events of national and international importance.
- Current Affairs- International, National and Regional.
- General Science and its Applied to Daily Life Contemporary
Developments in science and technology and information technology.
- Socio-economic and political history of modern India with emphasis on Andhra
- Indian Polity and Governance: Constitutional Issues, Public Policy, Reforms and e-Governance Initiatives with specific reference to Andhra Pradesh.
- Economic development in India since independence with emphasis on Andhra
- Physical Geography of the Indian Subcontinent and Andhra Pradesh.
- Disaster Management: Vulnerability Profiles, Prevention and Mitigation Strategies, Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in Disaster Assessment.
- sustainable development and environmental protection
- Logical reasoning, analytical ability and data interpretation.
- Data Analysis:
a) tabulation of data
b) visual representation of the data
c) Basic data analysis (summary statistics like mean, median, mode, variance and
Coefficient of Variation) and Interpretation
- Partition of Andhra Pradesh and its administrative, economic, social, cultural, political and legal implications/problems.
- Economic Concepts: Concept of Production, Consumption and Demand – Concept of Elasticity – Market Structures and Equilibrium – Pricing.
National Income: Concepts and Determinants – Employment, Consumption, Saving and Investment. Rate of interest and profit. Concept of money and measures of money supply, Velocity. Bank and credit creation, bank and portfolio management, central bank and money supply control. Determination of price level –
Inflation: Meaning, Measurement and Control. Public Finance: Budget, tax and non-tax revenue, budget deficit.
- International Economics: Free trade and protection – Balance of payment accounts and adjustments – Exchange rates under exchange markets – International monetary system and world trade order – Bretton Woods system. IMF and World Bank and their allies. Sources of growth – Capital, human capital, productivity, trade and aid, non-economic factors.
- Indian Economics: Main Features: Population; Effects of size, structure, quality and growth trend, occupational distribution, birth and death. Mass poverty – unemployment and its types – inequality and its types – rural-urban inequalities. Foreign trade: balance of payments and external debt. Inflation and the parallel economy and its effects. Fiscal deficit. Regional trends and regional disparities. Economic Planning in India: Major Controversies on Planning in India, NITI Aayog. Comprehensive fiscal, monetary, industry, trade and agricultural policies.
- financial Accounting: Introduction to Accounting – Accounting Concepts and Conventions – Accounting Process – Journaling, Posting in Ledger – Supporting Books including Cash Book – Bank Reconciliation Statements – Preparation of Trial Balance and Final Accounts – Errors and Corrections – Depreciation and Reserves – Single Entry and Non-Trading concerns.
- Computer Basics: Binary system, octal and hexadecimal system. Conversion to and from the decimal system. Code, bits, bytes and words. Computer memory, arithmetic and logical operations on numbers. Algorithms and flow charts. Using Spreadsheets: The Basics of Spreadsheets; manipulation of cells; formulas and functions; Spread sheet editing, Spread sheet printing.
- Introduction to Statistics: Collection of data: primary and secondary data. Methods of Sampling (Random, Non-Random), Definition of Probability – Census – Schedule and Questionnaire – Frequency Distribution – Tabulation – Diagrammatic and Graphic Presentation of Data.
- measures of central tendency: Objectives and Characteristics of Measures of Central Tendency-Types of Averages: Arithmetic Mean, Geometric Mean, Harmonic Mean, Median, Mode, Quartile Decimal, Percentile- Properties of Average and their Applications.
- Measures of dispersion and skewness: Dispersion: Meaning and Properties-Type: Range, Quartile Deviation, Mean Deviation, Standard Deviation, Coefficient of Variation. Skewness: Meaning – Karl Pearson’s and Baul’s measures of skewness, Concept of kurtosis – Normal distribution.
- Measure of Relationship: Correlation Meaning and Uses – Types of Correlation – Carl Pearson’s Correlation Coefficient – Spearman’s Rank Correlation – Potential Error.
- Analysis of Time Series and Index Numbers: Time Series Analysis: Meaning and uses – Components of time series – Measurement of trend and seasonal variations – Utility of decomposition of time series – Decentralization of data.
Index Numbers: Meaning and Significance – Methods of Constructing Index Numbers: Price Index Numbers, Quantity Index Numbers – Tests of Sufficiency of Index Numbers – Base Shifting and Deflation of Index Numbers – Cost of Living Index Numbers – Limitations of Index Numbers. Concepts of price, quantity and cost index.
Deflation of index numbers.
APPSC ASO Exam Center
The written test will be conducted in Andhra Pradesh.
Exact details will be mentioned on the admit card of the candidates.
APPSC ASO Important Dates
|APPSC ASO Date of publication||12.10.2021|
|APPSC ASO Opening date||12.11.2021|
|APPSC ASO Last Date||07.12.2021|
|exam date||available soon|
|APPSC ASO Admit Card||available soon|
|APPSC ASO Recruitment Result||available soon|
APPSC ASO Important Links
This is the complete APPSC ASO Syllabus & Exam Pattern. I hope you liked the information. If you have any query then please write us in the comment section below. We will try to solve your query. Keep reading, best of luck for your exams.
2021, Exam Pattern, Recruitment Exam Syllabus, Syllabus
Study Books ( प्रतियोगिताओ की तैयारी के लिए किताबे )
- Bestselling books for competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Book for Upcoming competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- New releases in Exam prep books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Shop by competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Great Deals on Exam books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Best buys competitive exams, maximum savings (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Buy Study Materials (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
Important Notice ( महत्वपूर्ण निर्देश )
- Please always check official website before apply.
- कृपया आवेदन से पहले महत्वपूर्ण लिंक्स पर उपलब्ध अधिकारिक वेबसाइट के निर्देशों को ज़रूर पढ़ें )