Paper-I: General Studies and Mental Ability Syllabus
1. Events of national and international importance.
2. Current Affairs – International, National and Regional.
3. General Science and it is applied to the contemporary development of daily life in science and technology and information technology.
4. Socio-economic and political history of modern India with emphasis on Andhra Pradesh.
5. Indian Polity and Governance: Constitutional Issues, Public Policy, Reforms and E-
Governance Initiatives with specific reference to Andhra Pradesh.
6. Economic development in India since independence with emphasis on Andhra Pradesh.
7. Physical Geography of the Indian Subcontinent and Andhra Pradesh.
8. Disaster Management: Vulnerability Profiles, Prevention and Mitigation Strategies, Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in Disaster Assessment.
9. Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
10. Logical Reasoning, Analytical Ability and Data Interpretation.
11.Data Analysis: a) Tabulation of Data
b) visual representation of the data
c) Basic data analysis (summary statistics like mean, mean, mode, variance and coefficient of variation) and interpretation
12. Partition of Andhra Pradesh and its administrative, economic, social, cultural, political and legal implications/problems.
Paper-II: Journalism / Public Relations
1. Communication Process, Theory and Model. types of mass communication; Media and Sociology-Media and Social Change; Problem constraints, principles of diffusion and adoption.
2. Development Communication, Scope, Issues, Content, Problems of Impact, Relevance, Multiple Use –
Media, etc. Strategies – Adaptation for Rural India.
3. Newspaper Reporting and Writing – Types of Reporting’; Technique; investigative, advocacy, depth; special reporting; Courts and Crimes; Writing for specialized newspapers and magazines; Sourcing, data gathering etc.
4. Principles of editing, design and layout, production and printing methods – current trends in newspapers and magazines;
5. Broadcasting System in India; scope and nature; Low cost media, relative advantage, satellite communication. Role of Radio and TV in Multilingual Society – Types of Radio and TV programmes, Effect of Radio and TV – Audience Participation.
6. Basic Communication Research, Types of Research, Basic Applied, Policy Research, Impact Studies, Research Methods, Stages of Research; Research equipment and sampling.
7. Comparative History of Media – Indian Press, History of Press in Indian Languages Highlights of Press and Broadcasting. Media Law, Constitution of India, Press Council and Code of Conduct.
8. Public relations, place of PR in communication, PR process and campaign planning, public opinion and publicity etc.
9. Organization and functions of public relations departments in private and public sector organizations, characteristics of PR man, various public, internal and external.
10. PR Planning, Press Relations, Industrial Relations, Consumer, Community, Government, Company Relations, PR and Management.
11. Tools of Public Relations: Press Releases, Newsletters, Brochures, House Journals, Advertisements, Exhibitions, Annual Reports. PR and corporate image; Public Relations in Central and State Government in India.
12. Role of PR in developing countries, Role of multimedia promotion; rural public relations
13. Trends, Issues, Content – Environmental Analysis and Policy Surveys, PR and Opinion Research
APPSC APRO ASO FSO & HWO Post Syllabus PDF Link Click Here
Study Books ( प्रतियोगिताओ की तैयारी के लिए किताबे )
- Bestselling books for competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Book for Upcoming competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- New releases in Exam prep books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Shop by competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Great Deals on Exam books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Best buys competitive exams, maximum savings (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Buy Study Materials (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
Important Notice ( महत्वपूर्ण निर्देश )
- Please always check official website before apply.
- कृपया आवेदन से पहले महत्वपूर्ण लिंक्स पर उपलब्ध अधिकारिक वेबसाइट के निर्देशों को ज़रूर पढ़ें )