The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has introduced a new grading scheme for grade 10 students for the current academic year 2021-2022. According to the new examination regulations, the entire academic year is divided into two semesters and the board conducts two exams, one at the end of each semester.
Now, CBSE Grade 10 students need to understand the changes to academic terms, curriculum, exam schedules, and paper samples for the 2021-2022 Board Exam. Let’s discuss some important points to get clear information and start smart preparations for the Term 1 and Term 2 exams.
Streamlined curriculum for CBSE Class 10 Board Exam 2021-2022
• The CBSE cannot delete any part of the Grade 10 curriculum published in March 2021.
• However, the board will publish the streamlined syllabus for Term 1 and Term 2, on the basis of which exams will be conducted at the end of each semester.
• Students must study a 50-50 percent curriculum for both semesters.
• The board conducts the CBSE Class 10 board exams at the end of each semester based solely on the two-part curriculum.
Check: CBSE Class 10 Syllabus 2021-2022 (Combined for Term 1 & Term 2)
Evaluation criteria for Term 1 & Term 2
• In contrast to previous years, there is neither an annual audit nor the annual audit.
• The current evaluation scheme is similar to the semester-based system.
• At the end of each semester there are two separate exams, 1 and 2.
• The results of both exams contribute to a student’s final grade.
• Internal evaluation grades are taken into account when calculating the total number of points in a similar way as in previous years.
• The board of directors can issue new guidelines to bring transparency to the entire internal assessment process carried out by the schools.
According to the circular of the Board of Directors “efforts are made to make the internal assessment / practical / project work more credible and valid, in accordance with the guidelines and the moderation guideline announced by the Board of Directors in order to ensure a fair distribution of grades”.
Sample of exams in Term 1 & Term 2 and format of the questionnaires
CBSE Class10 Term 1 Board Exam 2021-2022
Objective type test: The question paper contains multiple choice (MCQ) questions, including case-based MCQs and MCQs on the type of justification for assertion.
Exam duration: 90 minutes
Questionnaires will be based on approximately 50% of the total curriculum.
CBSE Class10 Term 2 Board Exam 2021-2022
Descriptive type test: The question paper contains questions of different formats (case-related / situational, open – short answer / long answer).
Exam duration: 2 hours
Questionnaires based on the remaining 50% of the curriculum.
Pupils ATTENTION: The board of directors decided on an alternative valuation method for term 2 in advance. If the situation is not conducive to a normal descriptive exam at the end of Term 2, a 90-minute MCQ-based exam similar to the exam in Term 1 will be conducted.
Schedule for the exams in Term 1 and Term 2
• The CBSE Class 10 Term 1 exam will take place from November to December 2021
• The CBSE Class 10 Term 2 exam will be organized from March to April 2022.
• The exams in Term 1 have a flexible schedule with a 4-8 week window for all CBSE schools across the country and abroad.
• The questionnaires for Term 1 exams are created by CBSE itself and sent to the schools together with the assessment scheme.
• The exams are conducted in schools under the supervision of the CBSE appointed superintendents and observers.
• The examinations of the 2nd term take place in the examination centers determined by the board.
Internal evaluation scheme for the academic year 2021-2022
CBSE Class10 students must complete the internal assessment “independent of Term I and II” throughout the year.
The criteria of the internal evaluation are retained. It includes the following different activities:
➤ Three regular tests
➤ Topic enrichment activities
➤ Practical work (for selected subjects)
➤ Speech-listening activities (for language subjects)
➤ Project work
Alternatives for Term 1 and Term 2 testing for worst-case scenarios
In order to avoid inconvenience in the assessment process in the current academic session for the CBSE Class 10, the Board has developed four possible assessment situations. These are:
(i) If both final semester exams are successfully carried out at schools / centers, the theoretical final grades will be divided equally between the two exams.
(ii) If the pandemic forces schools to close completely in November-December 2021 and the first semester exams are not held in schools, but the second semester exams are successfully conducted in CBSE centers, the first semester exams will be held Semesters conducted online conducted or offline mode from the student’s place of residence.
In this case, the weighting of the Term 1 test for the final result would be reduced and the weighting of the Term 2 tests for the indication of the CBSE class 10 final result would be increased.
(iii) In a reverse situation where the exams in Term 1 are physically held but the exams in Term II are not, the results are based on student performance in the exams in Term 1 and internal assessments.
(iv) In the event that both final semester exams are not held at schools / centers, the results of CBSE Class 10 2021-2022 will be calculated based on the internal assessment / practical / project work and the theory grades of Term-I and II exams that the Candidate drops from home.
CBSE Grade 10 students must complete the following resources to deal with the pressure of the new Assessment Policy and successfully complete their CBSE Grade 10 Term 1 and Term 2 exams 2021-2022:
CBSE Grade 10 Math Major MCQs for all chapters
CBSE Class 10 Science Major MCQs for all chapters
CBSE Class 10 Social Science Major MCQs for all chapters
CBSE Class 10 Complete Study Material for Term 1 & Term 2
Study Books ( प्रतियोगिताओ की तैयारी के लिए किताबे )
- Bestselling books for competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Book for Upcoming competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- New releases in Exam prep books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Shop by competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Great Deals on Exam books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Best buys competitive exams, maximum savings (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Buy Study Materials (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
Important Notice ( महत्वपूर्ण निर्देश )
- Please always check official website before apply.
- कृपया आवेदन से पहले महत्वपूर्ण लिंक्स पर उपलब्ध अधिकारिक वेबसाइट के निर्देशों को ज़रूर पढ़ें )