All formulas and definitions from CBSE Class 10 Maths Chapter 5 – Arithmetic Progressions are available here. Review these formulas and definitions for quick revision before testing.
CBSE grade 10 math formulas for chapter 5 arithmetic progressions
CBSE Class 10 Math Chapter 5 all formulas and definitions are provided here. With the help of this article, students can easily revise all formulas and definitions during exam preparation and efficiently solve all questions to get good grades.
Check all of the following formulas:
1st order: It’s an arrangement of numbers in a specific order.
2, 4, 6, 8, ……
13, 23, 33, 43,
2. Arithmetic Progression (AP): It is a list of numbers in which each term is obtained by adding a fixed number to the preceding term except the first term.
3. Common difference (d): This fixed number is called the AP common difference. It can be positive, negative, or zero
→ The general form of an AP is a, a + d, a + 2d, a + 3d,… ..; where a = first term of AP and d = common difference
Also check: CBSE grade 10 math curriculum 2021-2022
4. nth term or general term of an AP: The nth term an of the AP is given as
aNo = a + (n – 1) d
aNo = n-th term of AP
a = first term of AP
d = common difference
5. n-th term of office from the last term of office of an AP: If l is the last term of an AP with common difference d. Then the nth term is given as:
aNo = l – (n – 1) d
6. Sum of the first n terms of an AP:
a = first term,
d = common difference
n = number of terms
7. Sum of n terms of an AP using the last term:
If there are only n terms in an AP, then aNo = l, the last term then is the sum of all n terms given as:
8. Sum of the first n positive integers (PNo = 1 + 2 + 3 +. . . + n) is given as
9. Arithmetic mean:
The arithmetic mean is the simple average of a given set of numbers.
→ If a, b, c are in AP, then b = (a + c) / 2 is called the arithmetic mean of a and c.
→ In general arithmetic mean = sum of terms / number of terms
Study Books ( प्रतियोगिताओ की तैयारी के लिए किताबे )
- Bestselling books for competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Book for Upcoming competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- New releases in Exam prep books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Shop by competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Great Deals on Exam books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Best buys competitive exams, maximum savings (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Buy Study Materials (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
Important Notice ( महत्वपूर्ण निर्देश )
- Please always check official website before apply.
- कृपया आवेदन से पहले महत्वपूर्ण लिंक्स पर उपलब्ध अधिकारिक वेबसाइट के निर्देशों को ज़रूर पढ़ें )