The APSC Board has released the APSC Syllabus for CCE along with the recruitment notification on July 27, 2021. Aspirants who have appeared in the exam must have started their preparation by now and if not then it is time to start. It is best for the candidates to check APSC CCE Exam Pattern and syllabus before starting your preparation.
Candidates will have to go through the selection process which includes Prelims, Mains and Personal Interview. Candidates also have to choose their optional subjects which are mentioned below in the article.
In the article below, we have mentioned all the details about the syllabus to help the candidates prepare for APSC CCE Exam 2021. They should read the article to know about the syllabus in detail and start their preparation accordingly.
APSC CCE Exam Pattern 2021
APSC CCE exam consists of 3 rounds, Prelims, followed by Mains and finally, if eligible, Personal Interview. The details and exam pattern for all the above rounds are listed in the table below:
APSC CCE Exam Pattern 2021 for Preliminary Exam
APSC CCE Preliminary Exam is of total 400 marks. Candidates who will qualify this exam will further eligible for APSC CCE Mains Exam.
|Paper – I||General Studies-I||200||2 hours|
|Paper II||General Studies-II||200||2 hours|
APSC CCE Exam Pattern 2021 Mains. For
After the prelims are over, the Mains exam will be conducted. Candidates who qualify Prelims are eligible for Mains. Those candidates who will qualify the Mains will further be called for Personal Interview Test. To get a better idea about the main exam pattern, candidates must check this APSC CCE Previous Year Question Papers.
|Paper 1||Essay||250||Three hours|
|Paper 2-6||general Studies||250 for each paper||3 hours for each paper|
|Paper 7||Optional Subject- Paper 1||250||Three hours|
|Paper 8||Optional Subject- Paper 2||250||Three hours|
|qualifying paper||Paper-A||300||Three hours|
|qualifying paper||Paper-B||300||Three hours|
|Interview Test (Only after qualifying the written test)||275||–|
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2021
There are total 8 papers in APSC CCE Mains Exam. Out of 8 papers, 2 are qualifying papers. The topics covered in each paper are given below-
The first paper is essay. It is of total 250 marks and candidates will get 3 hours for the exam. The guidelines are mentioned below-
- To be written in the language or medium of the candidate’s choice.
- The candidate is required to write an essay on a specific topic.
- The choice of subjects will be given.
Paper-II (General Studies Paper 1)
The second paper will be of General Studies. The paper will be of 250 marks and the duration of the exam will be 3 hours. The topics that will be covered in this paper are as follows-
This paper deals with subjects like Indian History, Heritage, Culture and Society and Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Culture – Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from Ancient to Modern Period
- Modern Indian History from the middle of the 18th century
- Freedom Struggle
- Consolidation and reorganization of the country after independence
- Indian society and its diversity
- Role of women and women’s organization
- Population and allied issues
- Poverty and development related issues, urbanisation, their problems and their solutions
- Globalization, Social Empowerment, Regionalism and Secularism
- Salient Features of Geography of India and the World
- distribution of major natural resources
- Important Geophysical Events
Paper-III (General Studies Paper 2)
The third paper will be of General Studies. The paper will be of 250 marks and the duration of the exam will be 3 hours. The topics covered in this paper are as follows-
The topics of this paper are related to governance, constitution, politics, social justice and international relations.
- The constitution of India
- Union Functions and Responsibilities
- Separation of Powers and Dispute Redressal Mechanism
- Parliament and State Legislature
- Structure, organization and functioning of government judiciary and departments.
- Representation of the People Act
- Government policies for development in various sectors and their implementation
- Growth Processes and Development Industries
- Welfare schemes for weaker sections of the population
- Health, education and human resource development issues
- Role of civil services in democracy
- India and its Neighborhood Relations
- Impact of policies and politics of developed countries on India
- Important international institutions, organizations and forums
Paper-IV (General Studies Paper 3)
The fourth paper will be of General Studies. The paper will be of 250 marks and the duration of the exam will be 3 hours. The topics that will be covered in this paper are as follows-
Technology, economic development, biodiversity, environment, security and disaster management are the topics of this paper.
- Indian economy and its issues
- Inclusive growth and issues arising out of it
- government budget
- Major cropping patterns in different parts of the country
- Irrigation and farming methods
- Food Processing and Related Industries in India
- land reforms in india
- Effects of Liberalization on the Economy
- Infrastructure: Energy, ports, roads, airports, railways, etc.
- investment model
- Science and technology adaptations and their effects
- Indigenization of Technology and Development of New Technology
- Awareness in the field of IT, Space, Computers, Robotics, Nanotechnology, Biotechnology, etc.
- environmental issues
- disaster and its management
- challenges to internal security
- Various security forces and agencies
Paper-V (General Studies Paper 4)
The fifth paper will be of General Studies. The paper will be of 250 marks and the duration of the exam will be 3 hours. The topics that will be covered in this paper are as follows-
Paper V deals with Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude
- Ethics and the Human Interface
- Human values - lessons from great leaders, reformers and administrators; Role of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values
- Attitude – Content, Structure, Function, Its Effect, and Relationship with Thoughts and Behaviors
- Moral and Political Attitudes, Social Influence and Persuasion
- Aptitude and core values for civil service, integrity, fairness and non-partisanship
- Fairness, empathy, tolerance and compassion for the weaker sections
- Emotional Intelligence – Concepts, and their utility in civil services
- Public/Civil Service Values and Ethics in Public Administration
- honesty in governance
- Charter, work culture, quality of service delivery, use of public funds and the challenge of corruption
- Case study on the above mentioned issues.
Paper-VI (General Subject Paper on Assam)
The sixth paper will be of General Studies. The paper will be of 250 marks and the duration of the exam will be 3 hours. The topics that will be covered in this paper are as follows-
The major topics of this paper on Assam are History, Heritage, Culture, Geography, Governance, Polity, Social Justice, International Remedy, Economic Development, Biodiversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management of Assam.
- History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition and Heritage of Assam- Major Landmarks in the History of Assam, Major Dynasties, their Administrative and Revenue System, Important Works of Literature, Fairs, Festivals, Folk Music and Folk Dances, Socio-Cultural Issues, Salient Features of Architecture and Monuments, Independence Movement Political Awakening and Integration, Art, Painting and Handicrafts, Culture, Tradition and Heritage, Religious Movements, Leading Personalities.
- Geography of Assam – Natural Resources, Physical Features, Major Geographical Divisions, Climate, Forests, Wildlife and Biodiversity, Mines and Minerals, Natural Vegetation, Population and Major Industries of Assam.
- Political and Administrative System of Assam – Governor, Chief Minister, State Legislature, High Court, Assam Public Service Commission, State Information Commission, District Administration, State Human Rights Commission, State Election Commission, Public Policy, Legal Rights and Citizen’s Charter.
- Economy of Assam – A Macro Overview of Economy, Industrial and Service Sector Issues, Growth, Development and Planning, Major Agriculture, Infrastructure and Resources, Programs, and Major Development Projects, Schemes for SC/ST/Backward Classes/Minorities Government welfare schemes for persons with disabilities, women, children, old people, farmers and labourers.
- Environment, Biodiversity, Security and Disaster Management with relevant emphasis on the State of Assam.
Paper VII & VIII: List of APSC Optional Subjects
Paper VII and VIII are optional subject based. Candidates have to choose from the subjects provided by the examination authorities. The list of optional subjects is given below-
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Civil Engineering
- commerce and accounting
- Electrical engineering
- Literature of any one of the following languages: Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Hindi, Sanskrit, English
- mechanical Engineering
- medical science
- Political Science and International Relations
- public administration
APSC Mains Exam 2021 Qualifying Papers
These papers are of qualifying nature. Marks are not counted and it is mandatory to clear these papers only. For both Paper A and Paper B, the commission decides the minimum qualifying marks.
APSC Mains Exam 2021 Qualifying Paper A
This section is a language paper, the questions will be from the language the candidate has chosen from Assamese / Bengali / Bodo and the questions will be of 300 marks. Questions will be asked based on:
- Understanding of the given parts.
- precise writing
- Usage and terminology.
- short essay
- Translation in Indian language i.e. English and vice versa.
APSC Mains Exam 2021 Qualifying Paper B
This paper is designed to test candidates’ ability to read and understand serious prose prose and to express their ideas clearly and correctly in English, and will carry 300 marks.
- Understanding of the given parts.
- precise writing
- Usage and terminology.
- short essay.
Once the candidates qualify the preliminary and main examination, they will be called for personal interview for final selection. The final merit list will be prepared on the basis of the performance of the candidate in the Main Examination and Personal Interview.
It is not easy to crack the APSC exam. Candidates appearing for the exam must prepare with full dedication and focus. Make sure you go through the entire syllabus carefully and don’t miss any topic.
Study Books ( प्रतियोगिताओ की तैयारी के लिए किताबे )
- Bestselling books for competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Book for Upcoming competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- New releases in Exam prep books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Shop by competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Great Deals on Exam books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Best buys competitive exams, maximum savings (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Buy Study Materials (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
Important Notice ( महत्वपूर्ण निर्देश )
- Please always check official website before apply.
- कृपया आवेदन से पहले महत्वपूर्ण लिंक्स पर उपलब्ध अधिकारिक वेबसाइट के निर्देशों को ज़रूर पढ़ें )