Computer awareness is a very important knowledge that every person should have regardless of their job, as the world is increasingly digitized every day. It is a subject that is often included in many competitive exams. It is one of the assessment subjects and, with the right preparation, can get a decent score on the exam.
We know the importance of having the right study materials in acquiring computer awareness, so we created this test book. The Learn team has worked on several blog articles for our students to use as reference for computer awareness learning or revision.
These blog articles are available in PDF format for Computer Awareness students to download from the links provided in the table below, where they are sorted by subject. Students can also print out the articles to make them easier and more convenient.
Computer awareness topics:
Here is the list of topics our team has worked on so far. These are available for download by computer awareness students. These will be helpful for candidates to better understand the basics of computer functioning:
|TCP UDP and Sockets congestion control||If a transmitter floods the network with too much material, it will cause network congestion. Bottlenecks in the network are easy to spot. Find out more about congestion control at the link provided.|
|Computer suitability||Computer aptitude consists of two parts- Computer awareness and Computer suitability. While the former deals with theoretical knowledge about computers, the latter includes practical application.|
|Computer basics||In this article, you will learn about the basics of computers, their uses, advantages and disadvantages, generations and types of computers.|
|Generations of computers||There are five generations of computers to date based on their processing hardware. Learn about them, their uses, and more.|
|Types of computers||In this article we will learn about the different types of computers and how to use them with some sample questions for efficient exam preparation.|
General Computer Skills Curriculum for Competitive Exams:
Our goal is to cover all relevant topics for the selection of our students in selection exams. These articles will help you understand the fundamentals of computing and help you solve questions. These notes help students keep computer information on hand. Here is the list of general computer awareness topics that appear most commonly in the Computer Awareness section of various exams:
- Computer basics
- History of Computers & Inventions
- Computer input and output devices
- Computer component
- Computer storage devices
- Computer languages
- Computer file extension
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Office
- MS Word
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Excel
- MS access
- MS Outlook
- Keyboard shortcuts and their uses
- Important computer abbreviations
- Computer network & internet
- Number system
- Computer viruses and cybersecurity
- Basic operating system (Windows, hard disk, Linux)
- Computer organization (process, memory)
- Computer system architecture
- Basics of databases and RDBMS
- Electronics & logic gates
- Web technology
- Data communication & network
- Software development
- ICT & Governance
In order for our candidates to have the maximum idea of what the Computer Awareness section of the exams can mean for them, we have listed some sample assignments below. Ask yourself these questions and assess your level of preparation so far:
- What does “E” stand for in MPEG?
- Experts |
- GSM is a standard developed by ____ to describe the protocols used for second generation networks used by mobile devices such as cell phones and tablets
- ____ Software tool enables user interaction with the computer for a specific purpose.
- MS Office
- Is Structured Query Language (SQL) used in the following?
- Creation and modification of databases
- Creating, changing and querying databases
- Create databases
- all of the above
- Which of the following devices is used to convert the native data into a signal?
- Central processor
How to prepare computer literacy for competitive exams
Here are a few tips and strategies we recommend to effectively prepare for the Computer Awareness section in competitive exams:
- Make sure you have all the necessary software and applications downloaded on your computer.
- Practice everything you learn on your own computer to consolidate the new knowledge.
- Make sure you revise everything regularly. Start your studies every day by repeating the topic you studied the day before.
- Create a rough study plan in which you assign study and revision dates to each topic.
- Take the time to study other subjects during the day and try to study computer awareness at the same time as other subjects.
Download the Testbook app now to access more computer awareness topics for competitive and government exams. Get free test tests, test suites, exam pages, and in-depth study blogs on any topic.
Frequently asked questions about computer awareness for competitive exams:
Q.1 What are the computer awareness topics that Testbook provides articles on?
Ans.1 Articles on all topics that are necessary for competitive exams, such as computer aptitude, computer fundamentals, computer generations, computer types and more, are available for download.
Q.2 Can I download these articles from the Testbook website?
Ans.2 Yes, these computer awareness articles can be downloaded from the links provided.
Q.3 Do I need a computer to learn Computer Awareness?
Ans.3 Yes. You can borrow or go to a cyber cafe to practice your skills if you don’t own a computer, but computer awareness needs to be practically learned in order for candidates to be fully equipped with the skills and knowledge.
Q.4 How do these articles help me with competitive exams?
Ans.4 These articles are aimed at improving a candidate’s basic understanding and skills regarding computer awareness. The selection exams often include questions about computer literacy.
Q.5 Why is it important to be good at computer awareness?
Ans.5 Many competitive exams have a computer awareness section. Regardless of your occupation, computer literacy is the most basic skill every person must have in today’s world so you don’t miss out on opportunities.
Study Books ( प्रतियोगिताओ की तैयारी के लिए किताबे )
- Bestselling books for competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Book for Upcoming competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- New releases in Exam prep books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Shop by competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Great Deals on Exam books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Best buys competitive exams, maximum savings (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Buy Study Materials (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
Important Notice ( महत्वपूर्ण निर्देश )
- Please always check official website before apply.
- कृपया आवेदन से पहले महत्वपूर्ण लिंक्स पर उपलब्ध अधिकारिक वेबसाइट के निर्देशों को ज़रूर पढ़ें )