GATE Biotechnology exam 2022
The GATE Biotechnology exam is one of the most prestigious exams in India and opens up so many opportunities for candidates to advance their careers.
Majority of students aspire to pass the GATE Biotechnology exam as it not only fuels their career growth but also makes their future bright and secure. If you are also planning to take the GATE Biotechnology exam, you need to go through the key points.
GATE Biotechnology 2022 Important Dates
The IIT Kharagpur announced the GATE Biotechnology exam dates in its notification. The important dates for GATE BT 2022 can be found in the table below.
GATE Important dates
GATE 2022 notification release date
|July 31, 2022|
The GATE application form 2022 starts on
|September 2, 2022 (revised)|
Last registration date for GATE 2022
September 28, 2022
Deadline to apply for GATE EE with late fees (extended)
October 1, 2022
Deadline for corrections in the GATE EE online form
November 12, 2022
Release date of the GATE admission card 2022
GATE 2022 exam date
February 5, 2022
GATE EE solution key 2022
3rd week of February 2022
GATE result date 2022
March 17, 2022
GATE Biotechnology Admission Criteria 2022
According to the GATE 2022 notification, the eligibility criteria for GATE BT 2022 have been relaxed. Therefore, you can assume that the GATE BT eligibility criteria will remain the same for the GATE 2022 exam.
GATE Educational Qualification for Biotechnology
Here are the GATE Educational Qualifications for Biotechnology 2022.
- Candidates who have completed or are pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Arts/Commerce or a postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline are considered eligible for the course.
- These students must have completed or are studying in the final year or the penultimate year of their bachelor’s degree in Engineering and Technology or equivalent degree.
GATE 2022 Admission Criteria for International Students
- International students living in countries such as Nepal, Bangladesh, Shri Lanka, Singapore, Ethiopia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) can also appear for GATE 2022.
Age limit for GATE BT
There is no upper age limit for taking the GATE BT 2022 exam.
How to complete GATE Biotechnology Online Application Form 2022?
The GATE 2022 Biotechnology Application Form was published on September 2, 2021 on the official website-gate.iitkgp.ac.in. GATE 2022 registrations are now closed.
The GATE 2022 Biotechnology Application Fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable. The application fee for GATE 2022 is INR 750 for Female and SC/ ST/ PwD while the application fee for all other candidates (including international applicants) is INR 1500.
You need to follow the steps below to fill out the GATE Online Biotechnology Application Form 2022 correctly.
How do I apply online for GATE 2022?
- Register via GOAPS
- Fill out the GATE application form
- Upload the required documents such as photo and signature
- Pay the registration fees for GATE 2022
- Click the Submit button
GATE Biotechnology Admit Card 2022
The GATE authority publishes the GATE Biotechnology admission card on the official GATE website or the GOAPS portal.
The GATE BT 2022 admission card is issued at least 10 days before the exam.
How do I download the GATE BT Admit Card 2022?
- Step 1: Visit the official website and click on the “GATE 2022 Admit Card” link.
- Step 2: A new webpage will appear, requiring applicants to enter their registration ID and password to log in.
- Step 3: The GATE admission card 2022 can be displayed on the screen after logging in.
- Step 4: Check all the information written on the entrance ticket carefully.
- Step-5: If all the information is correct, download it and take some color prints with you for reference
GATE Biotechnology Curriculum 2022
No changes were made to the GATE Biotechnology Syllabus 2022 published by the authorities along with the official notification. The GATE 2022 Syllabus for Biotechnology can be broken down into two major sections – the General Adequacy (GA) section with a weight of 15 points and the Core Discipline section with a weight of 85 points.
The GATE General Aptitude Syllabus is the same for all 29 papers and consists of questions based on verbal, numerical, quantitative and spatial skills.
GATE exam sample 2022 for biotechnology
No changes have been made to the GATE 2022 Biotechnology exam template, except for the revision of the Architecture and Planning exam template this year. The GATE exam is conducted as a computer-aided entrance test with a duration of 3 hours (180 minutes) and a total weighting of 100 points.
The GATE exam sample 2022 for biotechnology was published together with the detailed brochure. The GATE exam consists of three types of questions,
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)
- Numeric Response Type (NAT) questions.
The grade distribution of the GATE BT for the sections mentioned above is:
GATE BT exam sections
number of questions
General Aptitude (GA)
Candidate’s chosen subject – Biotechnology
GATE Biotechnology Books 2022
Candidates planning to take the GATE 2022 Biotechnology exam need to know the best books for GATE to help them prepare for the GATE 2022 online exam.
So we have compiled the list of GATE biotechnology books along with their authors to help you find the right books.
GATE Biotechnology study packages 2022
GATE 2022 Biotechnology Study Packages are created by KopyKitab’s GATE experts to enhance your exam preparation:
In KopyKitab’s special GATE Biotechnology 2022 study packages, you will receive
- 2 Full Length Mock Test Series
- GATE Biotechnology study material
- Topic Wise GATE Biotechnology Quick Notes
- Sample papers from GATE Biotechnology
- GATE Biotechnology Papers on Previous Questions with Answer Key 2012-2019
- Based on the latest GATE Biotechnology Syllabus.
Download GATE 2022 Biotechnology study packages
GATE Biotechnology Questionnaires for the previous year
After completing the curriculum, solve work from the previous year and take mock tests. Solving GATE Biotechnology questionnaires from previous years will help you understand actual exam requirements. You will be aware of the mistakes and if you improve them you can do better.
All candidates are advised to solve at least one question sheet daily as this will also help you maintain a good speed while answering the questions.
GATE Biotechnology preparation tips
GATE Biotechnology is not an easy exam. But with a solid study plan and the right study materials, you can easily crack the exam with a high score.
As a candidate for GATE Exam 2022 in Biotechnology, you have to study really hard because the level of difficulty of this exam is very high.
Check out the GATE 2022 Biotechnology (CE) preparation tips here and gain an edge over your competitors.
- Study the complete GATE 2022 Biotechnology curriculum.
- Check the GATE Exam Sample 2022 for Biotechnology. Get to know the more important details like distribution of grades, question types, GATE Biotechnology exam mode and everything about the GATE Biotechnology exam template.
- Plan your GATE Biotechnology exam preparation
- Solve previous years’ GATE Biotechnology exam questionnaires for thorough practice.
- You must regularly practice and test your understanding of each GATE Biotechnology (CE) topic.
- Solve the GATE Biotechnology Mock Test and increase your speed.
- Revise the entire syllabus as much as possible.
GATE exam analysis for biotechnology
The GATE exam analysis 2022 will be updated here shortly after the conclusion of each session. In the meantime, candidates appearing for GATE 2022 can check out what to expect from this year’s exam in the following points.
Based on the exam analysis for the years, the overall difficulty of the exam was rated as moderate. However, since all participating IITs and IISc are jointly responsible for the creation of the questionnaires, the level of difficulty of the questionnaires cannot be specified.
GATE answer key for biotechnology
Candidates can access the provisional GATE answer key 2022 for biotechnology in online mode. The correct answers to all GATE 2022 Biotechnology questions will be provided and candidates can review them to calculate their likely safe score before the result is announced.
By following the official grading scheme, candidates can know what scores they have achieved. Candidates can also object to the provisional GATE 2022 answer key within a certain period of time. After examining the objections, the final GATE response key is released by the authorities.
GATE Biotechnology Results 2022
GATE result 2022 will be published by IIT Kharagpur on March 17, 2022. Candidates can view their result online at the GATE 2022 official website – gate.iitkgp.ac.in. Only those aspirants who have qualified for the GATE exam will be granted access to download their scorecard. GATE Scorecard is valid for three years.
How do I check the GATE result 2022?
- Visit the official website.
- Go to the results page and click on GATE Result.
- The GOAPS portal for GATE is displayed.
- Enter the access data in the portal.
- Click the Send tab.
- The GOAPS candidate dashboard for GATE would open.
- Click on the results pane.
- Your GATE result will be displayed on the screen.
GATE Biotechnology Cutoff 2022
GATE cutoff will also be explained after the results are announced. All participating institutions and PSU sectors will set their cut-off marks. However, the GATE officials also announce the limits per category and subject.
GATE Cut-Offs will be released in three categories
- Minimum qualifying cut-off marks for each stream,
- the institutional cut-off score for admission,
- The shutdown for power supplies.
Those of the previous year GATE shutdowns Comparison for 2021, 2020 and 2019 is below. The limit given in the table applies to the general category.
|paper code||year||Number of candidates appeared||General||OBC||SC/ ST/ PWD|
GATE Biotechnology Advice 2022
The GATE 2022 Biotechnology Advisory Process is conducted to admit those candidates who have passed the GATE 2022 entrance exam with the minimum qualifying grades.
However, the examination authority does not carry out the GATE advisory procedure. A centralized online admissions process (COAP) will be conducted for IITs for admission to M.Tech and PSU recruitment. On the other hand, the online admission process for NIT, IIIT and GFTI is called Centralized Counseling for M.Tech (CCMT).
The weighting for approval is:
- GATE Score: 70% weighting
- Test/interview and/or academic record: 30% weight
We have attached complete information about the GATE Biotechnology exam 2022. If you have any problems, feel free to ask them in the comment section.
FAQs on the GATE BT exam 2022
नीचे दिए गए लिंक को क्लिक करे और Government Recruitments – Study Guide and Study Tips की ताज़ा खबरों से जुड़े रहें |
भारत माता की जय |