Gujarat Power Corporation Limited has announced an online exam that is provisionally scheduled for 1st / 2nd August week 2021 will take place. The GPCL curriculum has approved the online exam for Colliery Engineer (Electrical). This article will be helpful for applicants who pass the exam. Subject Wise Syllabus mentioned below.
GPCL mining engineer (electrical) curriculum 2021
General knowledge / news
- Scientific Research,
- Knowledge of current events,
- general politics,
- indian constitution,
- Science – Inventions & Discoveries,
- Capital Cities,
- current affairs.
Electric circuits and electromagnetic fields
- Ideal voltage and current sources,
- dependent sources; KCL, KVL, node and network analysis;
- Network diagram; Thevenins, Nortons,
- Superposition and maximum power transfer theorems; Transient behavior of direct current and alternating current networks; sinusoidal stationary analysis, resonance; two port networks,
- symmetrical three-phase circuits,
- Star-delta transformation,
- complex power and power factor in AC circuits.
- Coulomb’s law,
- Electric field strength,
- Electrical flux density,
- Gaussian law,
- Electric field and potential through point,
- flat and spherical charge distributions,
- Influence of the dielectric medium,
- Capacity for simple configurations,
- Biot-Savart’s Law,
- Ampere’s Law,
- Faraday’s law,
- Lorentz force,
- Magnetomotive force,
- Magnetic circuits,
- Self and mutual inductance of simple configurations.
Signals and systems
- Representation of continuous and discrete time signals,
- Displacement and scaling properties,
- Fourier series display of continuous and discrete time-periodic signals,
- Sampling theorem,
- Applications of the Fourier transform,
- Laplace transform and Z transform.
Single phase transformer:
- similar circuit,
- Vector diagram,
- Open circuit and short circuit tests,
- Regulation and Efficiency.
- Vector groups,
- Parallel operation; Auto transformer, principles of electromechanical energy conversion.
- separately excited,
- Series and shunt,
- motor and generating functionality and their properties,
- Speed control of DC motors.
Three-phase asynchronous machines:
- Functional principle,
- Torque-speed curve,
- Idle and stall rotor tests,
- similar circuit,
- Start and speed control; Single-phase asynchronous motors: principle of operation.
Synchronous machines & direct current generators:
- Cylinder and salient pole machines,
- Performance and characteristics,
- Control and parallel operation of generators,
- Starting synchronous motors; Types of losses and efficiency calculations for electrical machines
- Basic concepts of electricity generation,
- Models and performance of transmission lines and cables,
- Electric field distribution and insulators,
- Distribution systems,
- Quantities per unit,
- Bus impedance & admittance matrix,
- Load flow method,
- Voltage and frequency regulation,
- Power factor correction,
- Symmetrical components,
- Symmetrical and asymmetrical failure analysis,
- Principles of overcurrent,
- Directional and distance protection,
- Circuit breaker,
- System stability concepts,
- Area equality criterion,
- Economical operation.
- Mathematical modeling and representation of systems,
- Feedback principle,
- Transfer function,
- Block diagrams and signal flow diagrams,
- Transient and stationary analysis of linear time-invariant systems,
- Stability analysis according to Routh and Nyquist criteria,
- Bode plots,
- State space model,
- Solving the equations of state of LTI systems,
- Effective value,
- Average calculation for each general periodic waveform.
Electrical and electronic measurements
- Bridges and potentiometers; Voltage measurement,
- current energy,
- Energy and power factor; Instrument transformers,
- Induction instruments,
- Digital voltmeter and multimeter,
- Time and frequency measurement; Oscilloscopes,
- Failure analysis.
Analog and digital electronics
Simple diode circuits:
- Equivalent circuit diagram and frequency response; Oscillators and feedback amplifiers
- Properties and uses; single-stage active filters,
- VCOs and timers,
- combinational and sequential logic circuits,
- Schmitt trigger,
- Sample-and-hold circuits,
- A / D and D / A converters.
- Structure and properties of power diodes,
- Static VI properties and ignition / gating circuits for thyristor,
- IGBT; Phase controlled (AC to DC) converters,
- Bidirectional AC-DC voltage source converters.
DC-DC converter topologies:
- Principle, functionality and analysis for Buck, Boost, BuckBoost; Voltage and current commutated converters based on thyristors.
GPCL Mine Engineer (Electrical) Curriculum 2021 – download PDF
Study Books ( प्रतियोगिताओ की तैयारी के लिए किताबे )
- Bestselling books for competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Book for Upcoming competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- New releases in Exam prep books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Shop by competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Great Deals on Exam books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Best buys competitive exams, maximum savings (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Buy Study Materials (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
Important Notice ( महत्वपूर्ण निर्देश )
- Please always check official website before apply.
- कृपया आवेदन से पहले महत्वपूर्ण लिंक्स पर उपलब्ध अधिकारिक वेबसाइट के निर्देशों को ज़रूर पढ़ें )