The GSET curriculum aims to assess candidates’ research and teaching skills. It also assesses the intellectual and reasoning skills of future professors. Mastering various topics in these sections will give you a head start and help you stand out from the crowd.
Check out the detailed Check Gujrat SET pattern for Paper 1 & Paper 2
Various sections in paper 1 and Tips for preparing for GSET for this are:
Unit – I: Teaching ability
The main focus of the teacher training course is on child psychology. The sole purpose of this section is to assess budding teachers’ understanding of the nature of their craft, i.e. the teaching and learner support system. Although the questions are of the MCQ type, the solutions to these questions can sometimes be complicated. see notes on teacher training.
Some important topics in this section are:
- Teaching concept & goals
- Learner characteristics for adolescent and adult learners, their differences
- Factors influencing teaching include teachers, learners, support materials, and institution.
- Teaching methods: teacher-centered vs. learner-centered methods; Offline vs. online methods
- Support system for teachers
- Rating systems including elements and rating type.
Unit – II: Research Eligibility
As the name suggests, this section is aimed at assessing the candidate’s research ability and understanding of it. This section is pretty straightforward for most candidates as most of you will have experience writing your own research during graduation and after graduation. Important topics in this section are:
- Research and its importance, types, characteristics and approach to research
- Research methods such as experimental, descriptive, historical, qualitative and quantitative
- Steps of research
- Theses and Articles Writing: Format and Styles of Referencing
- Use of ICT in research
- Research ethics.
Unit – III: Understanding
There is a passage in this section and the questions asked come from the same passage. You just have to read the passage very carefully and answer the questions. If you read the passage carefully enough, you will get full marks on this unit. A little knowledge of grammar is an advantage.
Unit – IV: Communication
This section tests the candidates’ understanding of the communication system and channel. The types and methods of communication are also discussed in detail in this section. Read the GSET Communication Study Notes for reference.
Some important issues are:
- Communication: meaning, types and characteristics
- Effective communication: verbal and non-verbal, intercultural and group communication, classroom communication
- Communication barriers
- Mass media and society.
Unit-V: Mathematical reasoning and aptitude
The unit is a bit tricky and reading the questions carefully is key to getting a high score on this unit. Try to find tricks to solve different types of questions. You can check out some of these on GradeUp. Mention always leave the seating issues at the end. Some important issues are:
- Lines of numbers, lines of letters, codes and relationships
- General arithmetic: fraction, time & distance, ratio & proportion, percentage, profit and loss, interest, etc.
Unit – VI: Logical thinking
This section is quite extensive and you will find at least 6-7 questions from this section. Just like in the previous unit, careful reading and understanding of the questions are the keys to success. (Note: you must have spent a lot of time reading your core courses, but by devoting 5-10 minutes a day to each of these units, you can bridge the gap between choosing and declining from now on). Important topics are:
- Arguments: Shapes, structure, mood and figure, formal and informal, use of language, connotations and terms and classic classic
- Assess and distinguish between deductive and inductive thinking
- Analogies and Venn Diagram
- Indian logic: means of knowledge
Check the list of GSET books for preparing Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Unit-VII: Data Interpretation
The device is relatively simple, but time consuming. As you may know, the correlation between the data is just a simple calculation. There are no short tricks to solving DI. Avoid this unit for the later part of the exam. Remember that every question has the same score. Don’t waste time on a single question.
In addition to fighting with other candidates, you are also competing against time. Some of the notable topics in this unit are:
- Sources, collection and classification of data
- Quantitative and qualitative data
- Graphic representation
- Data and governance
Unit VIII: Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
This unit is about the basics of the internet and related terminology. In the modern era of computers and cell phones, this section won’t be as much of a bother for you. Take a look at the latest terminology related to the computer and its peripherals and you can turn to this section. Some key issues are:
- General abbreviations
- Basics of Internet, Intranet, E-Mail and Conferences
- Digital initiatives in higher education
- ICT and governance
Section IX: People, Development and the Environment
This unit covers a whole range of topics, be it ecological, cultural, regional, national or global. However, climate change, the environment and sustainable development are the central themes of this unit. If you go through a few of last year’s GSET papers, it will be enough to take on that unit. In addition, recent environment-related summits are a must for this section.
Unit – X: higher education system
This is the last unit for Paper 1. Here you will be tested with regard to your duties as a professor at a university or society as a whole. The section mainly focuses on the historical significance of teaching, educational institutions, and learning programs. Small assignments at the upcoming universities in India and Karnataka will pave the way for success in this unit.
Important notes are:
- Colleges in ancient India
- Development of higher studies in India after independence
- Oriental, conventional and non-conventional learning programs
- Values and environmental education
- Politics, administration and administration.
Study Books ( प्रतियोगिताओ की तैयारी के लिए किताबे )
- Bestselling books for competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Book for Upcoming competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- New releases in Exam prep books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Shop by competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Great Deals on Exam books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Best buys competitive exams, maximum savings (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Buy Study Materials (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
Important Notice ( महत्वपूर्ण निर्देश )
- Please always check official website before apply.
- कृपया आवेदन से पहले महत्वपूर्ण लिंक्स पर उपलब्ध अधिकारिक वेबसाइट के निर्देशों को ज़रूर पढ़ें )