The online application process for the NIELIT Scientist B exam position has been resumed by the National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT). The last deadline for completing the online application is July 9th. The selection process includes a written exam followed by an interview. This article contains section-by-section tips to help you prepare for the NIELIT Scientist B 2021 exam.
NIELIT exam 2021 exam template and syllabus Syl
The NIELIT 2021 exam is based on multiple choice questions. There are 120 questions with one grade each, with each of the wrong answers leading to a negative grade of 0.25 points. The 2021 NIELIT exam syllabus is divided into two parts, the technical area and the generic (non-technical) area.
The detailed syllabus of the exam is discussed below:
|subjects||Number of questions||Brands|
|Section A: General (logical thinking, analytical thinking skills, quantitative and qualitative skills, general aptitude.)||78||78|
|Section B: Technical area (computer-related topics)||42||42|
NIELIT Scientist B preparation tips
Candidates must prepare both parts of the exam thoroughly and are not allowed to ignore the general part of the exam, which makes up 35% of the exam. You need to analyze your previous knowledge of the topics and plan your preparation accordingly. The NIELIT section-by-section preparation tips are discussed below.
NIELIT Scientist B Preparation Tips – Paper 1 Generic
- Topics: Quantitative and Qualitative Skills, Logical Thinking, Analytical Thinking, General Suitability
- The reasoning part of the generic part aims to test the candidate’s problem-solving ability. In this topic, general questions from the topics of alphanumeric rows, blood relatives, puzzles, seating arrangements, etc. are asked.
- Candidates must analyze the pattern given in the question and use the analysis to answer the given question. For questions where patterns are difficult to analyze due to twisted language, candidates can create a small chart or graph to simplify the question and then try to analyze the pattern.
- These questions are generally time consuming, so candidates need to practice these questions a lot to become faster and more efficient at solving them. Candidates can refer to Objective Logical Reasoning by S. Chand to understand this section and practice questions on the subject.
- Analytical reasoning skills are one of the easiest and most highly rated topics. Candidates must be familiar with the important formulas and rules for solving the various topics. Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey is a good book for understanding and practicing this topic.
- For the subject of quantitative skills, candidates must learn the formulas from their NCERT grades 6-10 math books. These will help a lot in getting a clear concept of the issues. You can also refer to Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by RS Aggarwal to practice questions on the subject on a regular basis.
- For qualitative skills, candidates need to analyze the pattern given in the question and use math formulas to solve the missing part.
- The general suitability topic is quite lengthy and covers various topics. Candidates should try to cover as many parts of this section as possible as these questions will take the least time to solve.
NIELIT Scientist B Preparation Tips – Paper 2 Technical Area
- Topics: probability, statistics and combinatorics, digital logic, computer organization and architecture, electrical engineering, analog and digital communication, programming and data structures, algorithms, compiler design, operating system, databases, information systems and software technology, computer networks, web technologies, cybersecurity and new technologies, cloud technology etc.
- This section contains 65% of the exam credits and therefore, for their NIELIT preparation, candidates will need to focus more on this section and try to complete the entire curriculum.
- Since this section relates to the subjects that candidates studied in their graduate and postgraduate programs, it is better for them to first clarify their basic terminology from the books and notes they used during their graduate and postgraduate studies.
- The books that you can refer to alongside your study materials are Computer Awareness Objective & Subjective by SR Behera and Analog and Digital Communication by Neha Jain for an overall analysis of the topics and Multiple Choice Questions for GATE / PSUs from Made Easy publications for practice Ask.
- The thematic part covers various topics of probability and statistics. Candidates need to focus on Bayes’ theorem, Poisson distribution, and the concepts of mean, median, and mode. These topics require a thorough understanding of the underlying theories and concepts, as well as regular practice.
- For questions about the algorithm, programming, and data structure, candidates need to be familiar with the basic concepts of coding so that it can be easy for them to answer any kind of question on the subject. Some candidates tend to just answer more questions on the subject, but that wouldn’t help much in being able to answer different types of questions. Hence, they need to focus on both detailed programming skills and plenty of practice.
- For questions about compiler designs, candidates can watch YouTube videos on the topic that provide full details on the topic. You can also refer to OG Kakde’s Compiler Design.
- For the theoretical part, which relates to the computer area, the candidates must understand and learn the concepts related to the topic. You are not allowed to take more than two parts of the theory at the same time, as this leads to confusion and you cannot grasp the topics.
- For NIELIT preparation, candidates can follow the learning materials for the GATE CS exam. You should use the relevant study material to make simple notes on the theoretical subjects and write down all the formulas and tricks for the practical subjects in order to thoroughly revise the topics during the exams.
- Candidates will need to analyze last year’s questions to understand the topics that need to be prioritized for the exam. You should also complete last year’s questionnaires and mock test papers for regular revision. For NIELIT preparation, candidates will have to repeat and solve the questions many times in order to get a good score on the NIELIT 2021 exam.
Study Books ( प्रतियोगिताओ की तैयारी के लिए किताबे )
- Bestselling books for competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Book for Upcoming competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- New releases in Exam prep books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Shop by competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Great Deals on Exam books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Best buys competitive exams, maximum savings (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Buy Study Materials (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
Important Notice ( महत्वपूर्ण निर्देश )
- Please always check official website before apply.
- कृपया आवेदन से पहले महत्वपूर्ण लिंक्स पर उपलब्ध अधिकारिक वेबसाइट के निर्देशों को ज़रूर पढ़ें )