How to prepare for TIFR GS 2022 The Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) conducts the TIFR GS, a nationwide entrance test for admission to PhD, Integrated MSc-PhD, as well as MSc degrees in certain disciplines. Programs are offered in various disciplines such as biology, chemistry, computer and systems science, mathematics, physics.
Exam preparation is a long journey. People prepare for the selection for years. Although it is also an interesting journey, but during this time people go through many stages. Every candidate puts the same effort during preparation but what decides the result is the dedication, self-motivation and mental state. Candidates start their preparation with enthusiasm but after a stage, some start to lose hope and underestimate themselves. One who is dedicated enough and believes in himself keeps moving forward and is most likely to reach his goal and be successful. TIFR GS 2022 is an online exam. The candidates to be selected are required to appear for the interview and/or the second written test conducted for the shortlisted candidates. Check out tips and tricks How to prepare for TIFR GS 2022 from this page.
Recommended: TIFR GS 2022 Syllabus | TIFR GS 2022 Exam Date
How to prepare for TIFR GS 2022?
Cracking any entrance exam requires a proper preparation strategy. Here are some smart tips to prepare for TIFR GS 2022.
1. understand the exam pattern: Keep an eye on the exam pattern. Divide your time according to the number of questions and subsections present in the question paper.
2. Have good study material: Study the best books as specified by the toppers. Books should be based on syllabus. Look at different authors and then choose the best one as per your understanding.
3. appear for mock test: Practice previous year papers and understand the exam pattern. Correct your mistakes and work on your weak points.
4. PracticePractice as much as you can which will increase your confidence.
5. make proper notesNotes are very important for last minute revision. Also, the candidate should keep revising the old concepts to maintain a proper grip on it.
6. have faithStay motivated and believe in yourself throughout the preparation.
Some general tips about TIFR GS 2022 preparation
Preparing for graduate school exams requires following some tips and methods to pass the exam. Check out the general tips for TIFR GS 2022 preparation given below:
- knowing the dates: Remember the exam dates and prepare accordingly.
- knowing the syllabus: Check the syllabus of your particular subject before starting the preparation.
- know books: Keep good study material for exam preparation.
- understanding the exam pattern: Check the exam pattern beforehand to know the details about the exam.
- time management: Prepare a precise timetable and follow it.
- solving previous year question papers: Solve old questions and sample papers are also an important part of preparation.
Read about TIFR GS 2022 admit card here
TIFR GS 2022 Admission Process
Check the selection process of TIFR GS 2022 from below:
- Appear for Online Test (TIFR GS 2022)
- Shortlisted candidates will then have to appear for interview
- Second written examination of shortlisted candidates (based on programme/subject)
TIFR GS 2022 . courses for
Check the syllabus of TIFR GS 2022 for various subjects given below.
- classical mechanics
- general physics
- electricity and magnetism
- Heat, Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics
- modern physics
- physics related maths
- Electronics and Experimental Physics
- quantum system
The syllabus for the Chemistry written exam is generally similar to the standard syllabus for B.Sc. and MSc course in any Indian Institute. It examines basic understanding and expertise in the areas of
- physical, organic, inorganic chemicals
- electro and quantum chemistry
- Mathematical techniques (NMR, fluorescence, IR, UV and X-rays).
- Discrete Mathematics: Sets and Relations, Combination (Computation) and Elements Mental Probability Theory, Graph Theory, Propositional and Predicate Logic.
- Formal languages, automata theory and computability.
- Data structures and algorithms: arrays, lists and trees. Sorting and Searching, Graph Algorithms. Complexity and NP-completeness of problems.
- Fundamentals of programming languages and compilers: Control structures, parameter passing mechanisms. repetition. Parsing and type checking. memory management.
- Operating system and concurrency.
- Switching Theory and Digital Circuits
- database theory
The test will be extremely basic and will include questions from the topics:
- the biology
Important Books and Websites for Indian TIFR GS 2022
Here are some books and websites for reference. Good study material will also help you during preparation
FAQs about TIFR GS 2022 Preparation
answer. You have to first clear the online test followed by interview and then a written test will be conducted for the shortlisted candidates as per the chosen subject/programme.
answer. You can check the syllabus from univ.tifr.res.in.
answer. You can buy books and sample question papers of famous authors for the exam. Practice previous year questions to know the pattern and type of questions asked.
answer. To crack this exam, revise the topics already studied. Solve as many numericals as possible. Prepare from good books and give mock tests.
Study Books ( प्रतियोगिताओ की तैयारी के लिए किताबे )
- Bestselling books for competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Book for Upcoming competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- New releases in Exam prep books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Shop by competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Great Deals on Exam books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Best buys competitive exams, maximum savings (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Buy Study Materials (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
Important Notice ( महत्वपूर्ण निर्देश )
- Please always check official website before apply.
- कृपया आवेदन से पहले महत्वपूर्ण लिंक्स पर उपलब्ध अधिकारिक वेबसाइट के निर्देशों को ज़रूर पढ़ें )