Department of Science and Technology (DST) announces Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) 2021 fellowship program
KVPY 2021 – The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India, supported the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) program led by the Indian Institute of Science. Applications for the KVPY 2021 fellowship program are encouraged to encourage basic science students to embark on an academic career in science.
Further information on the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Fellowship Award 2021 can be found in the article
About the KVPY program
- An ongoing national scholarship program in basic science to attract exceptionally motivated students interested in science courses and a career in research.
- Funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India and implemented by the Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru-12
- Online application form submission starts on July 12, 2021
- Deadline for completing the online application: August 25, 2021
- KVPY aptitude test: November 7th, 2021
- The KVPY scholarships are awarded to Indian nationals who wish to study in India (students who wish to complete a graduate program as part of a university distance learning / distance learning program are not eligible to apply).
Authorization for Stream SA
- Students who are enrolled in XI Standard (Natural Sciences) in the academic year 2021-21 and have achieved at least 75 (65% for SC / ST & PWD) in the subjects MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE in the X-Board examination are eligible for the aptitude test.
- The scholarship of the students selected as part of this stream is only activated if they sign up for an undergraduate degree in basic sciences (B. Sc./BS/B. Stat./B. Math./Int. M.Sc./ Int. MS ) in the academic year 2022-23, after having achieved at least 60% (50% for SC / ST & PWD) in the science subjects in the XII Standard / (+ 2) Board Examination.
- During the transition period of one year they will be invited to the National Science (Vijyoshi) Camp and their travel expenses and local hospitality will be covered by KVPY.
Authorization for Stream SX
- Students who are enrolled in XII Standard / (+2) (natural science subjects) in the academic year 2021–21 and have completed a basic course in basic sciences (B.Sc./BS/B. Stat./B. Math./ Int. M. Sc./ Int. MS) for the 2021–22 session during the academic year, whereby in the X Standard Board Examination at least 75% (65% for SC / ST & PWD) in the subjects MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE are admitted to the aptitude test .
- The fellowship of the students selected under this stream is only activated if they sign up for an undergraduate degree in basic sciences (B.Sc./BS/B. Stat./B. Math./ Int. M.Sc./ Int. MS) in the academic year 2021 22, after having achieved at least 60% (50% for SC / ST & PWD) in the subjects SCIENCE in the XII Standard / (+ 2) Board Examination.
Authorization for Stream SB
- Students in the 1st year of the B. Sc./BS/B. Statistics / B. Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. MS during the academic year 2021–22 and have achieved a total of at least 60% (50% for SC / ST & PWD) in SCIENCE subjects in both the XII Standard / (+2) Board Examination and in the 1st year of the B.Sc. / BS / B. Statistics / B. Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. MS can appear for the proficiency test
Empowerment initiative in the KVPY Fellowship program
- Students SC / ST: A certain number of scholarships are run exclusively for the deserving SC / ST students in the various streams mentioned above.
- Empowerment initiative for people with disabilities: A certain number of scholarships in the various directions mentioned above are carried out for deserving individuals with physically and visually impaired students.
How do I apply?
- Applications from Indian nationals are encouraged. However, under the Preliminary Order (Final Order Awaiting) by the Hon’ble High Court of Karnataka, OCI / PIO students are allowed to take the 2021 KVPY proficiency test.
- The KVPY Scholarship is available to students who have enrolled as regular students on the UG program in Basic Science courses at a university / college recognized in India.
- Students can apply online at http://www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in unambiguous specification of the stream (i.e. SA / SX / SB)
- General Category – Rs, 1250 / –
- SC / ST / PWD – Rs.625 / –
- Application fees that have been paid once will not be refunded.
- KVPY reserves the right to postpone the proficiency test for any reason, including the current situation due to the coronavirus pandemic
- A computerized online version of the aptitude test will be carried out in the selected cities
- A mock test of the KVPY aptitude test for the online examination mode is also available for the benefit of the students. Further information can be found on the KVPY website www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in
- SA / SX / SB – in the 1st to 3rd year – B.Sc./BS/B.Stat./B.Math. / Integrated M.Sc. / MS Rs. 5000 and Fr. 20000
- SA / SX / SB – during the M. Sc. / 4th to 5th year Integrated M.Sc. /MS/M.Math./M.Stat. Rs. 7000 and Fr. 28000
- Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria for various degree programs will be invited to an aptitude test, which will be conducted in both Hindi and English at various centers across the country
- Students can download the admission card for the aptitude test from the website from the second week of August 2021
For the latest educational news and tips, visit Besonline.in
If you need any help or advice regarding advice, you can always contact us at + 91-9564733330. We’re here to help.
Study Books ( प्रतियोगिताओ की तैयारी के लिए किताबे )
- Bestselling books for competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Book for Upcoming competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- New releases in Exam prep books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Shop by competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Great Deals on Exam books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Best buys competitive exams, maximum savings (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Buy Study Materials (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
Important Notice ( महत्वपूर्ण निर्देश )
- Please always check official website before apply.
- कृपया आवेदन से पहले महत्वपूर्ण लिंक्स पर उपलब्ध अधिकारिक वेबसाइट के निर्देशों को ज़रूर पढ़ें )