. Today I am here with one such master degree course which can be a good option for those who have just completed their graduation in commerce and more inclined towards master degree in the same field and opted by them. Not interested in withdrawing from the stream. For Undergraduate.
|M.Com | master of commerce|
I think you all guessed right. I am talking about Masters of Commerce course. In this article, you will get all the necessary information about M. Com like:-
- What exactly is an M.Com course?
- What are the essential eligibility conditions for pursuing M.Com course?
- What are the basic skills required to successfully complete the M.Com course?
- What is the syllabus of M.Com course?
- How to get admission in M.Com course?
- What is the fee for M.Com course?
- What are the career prospects and job opportunities after completing M.Com course?
- What is the expected salary after completion of M.Com degree?
- Who are the top recruiters of M.Com degree holders and many more?
So, friends let’s start with a very basic question and that question is what exactly is M.Com course?
What exactly is an M.Com course?
M.Com or Master of Commerce is 2 years degree
program that enables you to thrive in the corporate and finance sectors of the industry. The M.Com degree mainly focuses on subjects related to accounting, commerce and economics, especially aimed at students who are interested in research and teaching.
It generally covers the study of macroeconomics, accounting, business principles and other related topics. Some of the specializations that you can choose from in your Masters of Commerce program are:
- Accounting & Finance
- Statistics, Banking, Economics, Taxation, Insurance, Marketing
- international business operations
- actuarial study
- Corporate Governance and
- Human Resource Management etc.
Now that you are well aware of the Masters course, you would like to know about the eligibility conditions required to join this course?
- M.Com | Master of Commerce | Admission, Syllabus, Eligibility, Fee, Career, Top Institutes
- BA English Honors – Eligibility, Syllabus, Admission, Career, Fee & Top Institutions
- Neurosurgeon – How to become a neurosurgeon? – Eligibility, Institute, Career Prospects and Salary
- MSc Geology Courses Admission, Eligibility, Syllabus, Fee, Career, Top Institutes
M.Com Course Eligibility
Those students who have completed their graduation in commerce stream from a recognized institute or university are eligible to take admission in Masters of Commerce course.
However, some institutes may demand a certain minimum percentage of marks at the graduation level which can be anywhere between 50% to 55%.
Some universities also accept a bachelor’s degree with honors in business or management studies or economics for admission to this course. Along with fulfilling these eligibility conditions, you must have a certain set of skills required to be able to successfully pursue this 2 year M.Com course such as:-
- The most essential skill to take this course is the ability to play with numbers and numbers.
- Along with the ability to remember facts and figures, you must also have strong analytical and creative thinking.
- You must have strong verbal and writing ability to communicate easily.
- You should have strength in maths and you should have knowledge of banking and finance sector.
- You must have leadership skills, the ability to work with a team, and be familiar with industry standards.
If you really want to take admission in M.Com then it is necessary to have knowledge of its admission process?
Admission Process M.Com
Admission to M.Com is usually granted on the basis of marks obtained at the undergraduate level. However, some reputed commerce institutes offer admission to this course on the basis of the rank obtained in the entrance test conducted at the institute, university or state level.
Some of the popular M.Com entrance exams which are taken by various reputed institutes to offer admission to their M.Com degree courses are:
- DUET- Delhi University Entrance Test
- BHU PET- Banaras Hindu University Postgraduate Entrance Test
- CUCET- Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test
- PUCET PG- Panjab University Common Entrance Test for Post-Graduates and
- AUCET- Andhra University Common Entrance Test
M.Com Degree Course Syllabus
Now let me tell you about the syllabus of M.Com degree courses because the knowledge of the syllabus of the course can be an added advantage for the candidates of this course, however, during the first course there are many subjects offered in the M.Com course. She goes. Year of the programme, students in all course specializations are taught the same set of M.Com subjects.
In the second year, students opting for the specialization have to choose a set of elective subjects that are offered in the Master of Commerce curriculum.
M.Com Semester-1 Subject
- Organizational Behavior
- monetary system
- Consumer Behavior and Marketing Research
- Macro Economics for Business Decisions
M.Com Semester-2 Subjects
- Human Resource Management
- advanced financial management
- business climate
- Operations Research and Quantitative Techniques
M.Com Semester-3 Subjects
- international trade
- Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Optional Paper-I
- Optional Paper-II
- Optional Paper-III
M.Com Semester-4 Subjects
- Optional Paper-IV
- Optional Paper-V
- Optional Paper-VI
- project report
- Viva-Voice optional subjects you can choose from are:
- Banking & Finance
- commercial bank management
- entrepreneurial management
- financial bank management
- financial market
- Human Resource Management
- international finance
- investment Management
- Research Methodology in Commerce
Here I would like to bring to your notice that this is a generalized syllabus of M.Com exam and the syllabus of a particular institute offering this course may vary slightly.
Now you would like to know about the fee structure of M.Com course?
Fee Structure of M.Com Course
M.Com course fee may vary from institute to institute depending on the style and reputation of the institute. As such it can be closer to Rs 40,000 to Rs 60,000 per annum in government institutions while the course fee for the same course in private institutions can be anywhere between Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 2 lakh per annum.
Now let me tell you about some of the top institutes offering M.Com degree courses in India-
If you are looking for some of the best Government M.Com institutes then you can go for- •
- Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi
- Hindu College, Delhi. Delhi, Delhi NCR
- Hansraj College, Delhi
- Delhi School of Economics, Delhi
- University Business School, Chandigarh and
- Ramjas College, Delhi etc.
And if you want to join some of the best private M.Com institutes then you can go for-
- Christ College
- Stella Maris College
- Symbiosis College of Arts and Commerce
- St. Joseph’s College of Commerce, Bangalore
- Women’s Christian College, Chennai
- Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
- Loyola College, Chennai and
- Mount Carmel College, Bangalore
Career prospects and job opportunities after M.Com course
Due to globalization and industrialization, the demand for commerce professionals in general and M.Com degree holders in particular has increased.
This has increased the career prospects and job opportunities for M.Com degree holders not only in the private sector but also in the government sector. The program typically focuses on a variety of subjects such as accounting, actuarial science, business management, corporate governance, human resource management, economics, statistics, finance, marketing or supply chain management.
There are many other career options available for you in the field of finance as well. So after M.Com, you can look for job which may include:
- audit trail
- banking and Finance
- electronic marketing
- fund management
- management consulting and
- Stock Broking etc.
- AS – Accountant / Senior Accountant
- Bank manager
- business Analyst
- Chartered accountant
- financial advisor
- Finance Executive, Manager and Analyst
- insurance agent, and
- investment banker
In the government sector, students can crack various employment exams like Bank PO and Clerk exams. Crack LIC AAO Exams, Staff Selection Commission Exams, UGC NET or even State Public Service Commission and Union Public Service Commission Exams and get good rank in various Public Sector Organizations.
Those who are interested in academics or research can go for higher degree like PhD in related subjects and get employment in educational institutions or go for research work.
top recruiting companies
Some of the top recruiting companies that you can think of joining after completing your M.Com are:
- Private Banks like ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank and IDFC First Bank
- NBFCs like Bajaj Capital, AB Capital and L&T Finance Holding
- Insurance companies like Nippon Life, Max and Birla Sunlife
Public Sector Banks, related departments like Income Tax Department, Revenue Department, State and Central Government Excise Department and other related government organizations as well as various international organizations like World Bank and IMF etc.
Salary after doing M.Com course
Now, the most curiously asked question and that question is what are the expected salary package or salary after doing M.Com course:-
M.Com course offers ample career opportunities with good salary package. After completing an M.Com degree from a reputed institute, students can expect to earn anything between Rs 3.6 lakh to Rs 4.8 lakh initially.
After some job experience and specialization in the field, this salary package can reach up to Rs.6 lakh to Rs.8 lakh per annum. Whereas in the government sector the salary or salary package will largely depend on which organization you have joined and the position you have obtained.
It may also differ from one state to another state and central government departments. So, friends who are about to master of commerce course.
I hope you liked this post. if so please hit share and comment Button. We will be back with articles on such informative topics. Thanks for reading.
Study Books ( प्रतियोगिताओ की तैयारी के लिए किताबे )
- Bestselling books for competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Book for Upcoming competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- New releases in Exam prep books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Shop by competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Great Deals on Exam books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Best buys competitive exams, maximum savings (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Buy Study Materials (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
Important Notice ( महत्वपूर्ण निर्देश )
- Please always check official website before apply.
- कृपया आवेदन से पहले महत्वपूर्ण लिंक्स पर उपलब्ध अधिकारिक वेबसाइट के निर्देशों को ज़रूर पढ़ें )