Avery County officials say they are checking with the state ahead of possible snowfalls.
CHARLOTTE, NC – North Carolina officials are preparing for a variety of weather types, including snow for the mountains, for the first work week of 2022.
Governor Roy Cooper urges North Carolina residents to check the local weather forecast and prepare for the expected conditions in your area. Rain is expected in the Charlotte area, while snowfall may occur in the mountains and at higher elevations.
“It is important to stay informed of changing weather conditions and have a way to receive weather alerts,” said Governor Cooper in a press release emailed to WCNC Charlotte. “A little preparation before storms or winter arrives can help avoid inconveniences and emergencies later.”
State officials remind North Carolina people to follow these tips in winter weather:
- Store sufficient heating material (propane, oil, firewood).
- Bring pets inside in winter weather.
- Try not to travel. If travel is required, have a winter emergency kit ready in your vehicle:
- Ice scraper / snow brush. Completely tidy your car before driving.
- Sand or salt for improved traction if you get stuck.
- Snow shovel.
- Enough clothes and blankets to keep you warm.
- Snacks and water.
- Insulate the pipes and let the faucets drip a little. Running water, even if it’s trickling, helps keep pipes from freezing.
- Learn how to close your home’s main water valves in the event a pipe bursts.
RELATED: FORECAST: Heavy overnight rain with mountain snow
Due to the upcoming weather, Carowinds announced that it would close earlier on Sunday. StarMed Healthcare also announced that some test sites will be postponed to Monday January 3rd due to the weather.
Avery County Fire Marsal / Emergency Management Director Paul Buchanan told WCNC Charlotte on Sunday evening that the county had coordinated with the state and that officials were ready to help if needed.
RELATED: Blue Ridge Energy is Ready to Serve Customers Affected by Winter Weather
With coastal flooding expected in North Carolina as well, state officials want everyone in the state to be prepared for any type of weather situation by following these examples.
- Stay up to date with your local weather forecast.
- Get weather alerts by downloading a weather app on your phone or using a NOAA Weather Alert Radio.
- Have your family emergency kit close at hand. Visit ReadyNC.gov for instructions on how to assemble a kit if you don’t have one.
Download the WCNC Charlotte Mobile App for the latest news, weather and traffic reports.
Wake Up Charlotte To Go is a daily news and weather podcast that you can listen to so you can start your day with the team at Wake up, Charlotte.
SUBSCRIBE TO: Apple Podcasts || Spotify || stapler || turn on || Google podcasts
All WCNC Charlotte podcasts are free and can be both streamed and downloaded. You can now listen on Android, iPhone, Amazon, and other internet connected devices. Join us from North Carolina, South Carolina or on the go.
नीचे दिए गए लिंक को क्लिक करे और Government Recruitments – Study Guide and Study Tips की ताज़ा खबरों से जुड़े रहें |
भारत माता की जय |