TET Exam 2021 is the annual teacher eligibility test conducted to recruit teachers in government schools across India. It is organized under the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009.
NS Tet Objective is –
- Establishing national standards and standards for recruitment of quality teachers
- Improving performance standards of educational institutions and students
- Communicate the focus of state and central government to maintain teaching quality
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is responsible for maintaining the TET database, managing the TET syllabus 2021 and guiding the government bodies to conduct the examination. Candidates who have qualified for Tet are eligible to be appointed as teachers only in the schools of the state and will be recruited for teaching posts like –
- Primary Teacher (PRT): Class IV. For
- Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT): Classes VI-X. For
- Post Graduate Teacher (PGT): For Class XI-XII
Important Dates for TET Exam 2021
name of exam
Tentative date of notification
tentative exam date
|1||CTET||dates in 2020||December 2021/January 2022 (Online Mode)|
|2||UP TET||to be announced||October 2021|
|3||Assam TET||June 2021||3rd week of September 2021|
|4||HP TET||May-21||09 July to 12 July 2021|
|7||TN TET||June-21||27 August 2021 (Paper 1)|
|8||Odisha TET||November 2021||9 April 2021|
|9||Rajasthan TET||May-21||26 September 2021|
|10||Maha TET||yet to be announced||yet to be announced|
|1 1||UTET||18 February 2021||November 26, 2021|
|13||Punjab TET||November 2021||January 2022|
|14||Bihar TET||July 2021||27 November – 02 December 2021|
|15||Kerala TET||May-21||31 August – 05 September 2021|
TET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
candidates appearing for tet exam 2021 should be –
- Graduated from any recognized university or institute
- Obtained minimum 45% marks.
- Obtained any valid education or elementary education degree, such as Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.), Diploma in Elementary Education (D.EL.Ed), or Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
Documents Required for TET Exam
- recent photograph
- ID proof
- age certificate
- qualification certificate
- academic records
- experience certificate
- Caste Certificate (For Non-General Category)
Tet 2021 Fee
Paper 1 or Paper 2
Paper 1 and Paper 2
|General / EWS / OBC||INR 600||INR 1200|
|SC / ST||INR 400||INR 800|
|Public Works Department||INR 100||INR 200|
TET Exam Syllabus 2021
There are two papers in TET –
- Paper 1 – Class I – V. For candidates planning to teach students of
- Paper 2 – For candidates planning to teach class VI-VIII students
All the questions asked in TET Exam 2021 will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) carrying one mark each, with four options. there is no negative marking. The examining body shall strictly adhere to its composition and contents tet syllabus 2021 specified below.
- Child Development and Pedagogy – Marks: 30
- Language I – Marks: 30
- Language – II – Marks: 30
- Mathematics – Marks: 30
- Environmental Studies – Marks: 30
- Child Development and Pedagogy – Marks: 30
- Language-I Marks: 30
- Language – II – Marks: 30
- Maths – Marks: 60
- Science – Marks: 60
- Social Studies / Social Science – Marks: 60
TET 2021 Exam Pattern
- Duration of Exam – 150 Minutes
- Total Questions – 150
- Question Type – Multiple Choice
- Pass Percentage – 60
TET Exam 2021 – Qualifying Marks
In June 2021, the Government of India decided to extend the validity period of TET eligibility certificate from 7 years to life time from 2011.
Maha TET 2021
|MAHA TET 2021 Notification release date||31 July 2021|
|Online registration start date||
3 August 2021
|Last date to apply online||25 August 2021 (till 23:59 hrs)|
|Starting date to download admit card online||September 25, 2021|
|Last date to download admit card||10 October 2021|
|Exam Date for MAHA TET 2021||10 October 2021|
- Visit the official website – https://mahatet.in/
- Click on registration link
- Enter your personal details
- Submit MAHA TET Registration Form
- Login to the registered account using your ID and Password
- Fill MAHA TET Application Form
- Upload the scanned image of photo and signature
- Pay the Application Fee
- submit and save
Education Department, Meghalaya has released the admit card for the upcoming Meghalaya TET (MTET 2021) for the recruitment of primary school teachers. It can be downloaded from the official website of Megagram.
TET exam is the mandatory milestone to become a teacher of class 1-8 in India. The COVID pandemic has certainly disrupted the regular exam schedule in various states, however, applicants are advised to keep their knowledge updated, keep checking their respective TET exam dates and stay calm.
Top TET 2021 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the difference between TET exam and CTET?
answer. TET stands for Teacher Eligibility Test and is a state government-conducted recruitment test for teachers, while CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test, and is a national level exam conducted by CBSE.
Question 2. Is it mandatory to give TET exam after completing B.Ed?
answer. Yes, getting selected to become a teacher in government schools across India is a mandatory test.
Q3. What is the minimum qualification for TET 2021 exam?
answer. You must have a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university or institute with minimum 45% marks. You must have obtained any valid education or elementary education degree, including B.El.Ed., D.EL.Ed, or B.Ed.
Question 4. What is the age limit for TET 2021?
answer. The age limit for TET exam is 18 – 35 years.
Question 5. What is the validity of TET certificate?
answer. TET certificate has a lifetime validity. A TET certified candidate needs to possess the qualification of the desired school for the selection process.
Question 6. How many attempts are allowed in TET exam?
answer. There is no limit to the number of attempts allowed.
Question 7. What is the last date for submission of TET Exam 2021 Application Form?
answer. The last date to fill the application form is 19 October 2021.
Question 8. What is the Last Date for TET Exam Application Form Fee Payment?
answer. The last date to pay the fee for TET exam is 20 October 2021.
Question 9. What is Super TET?
answer. Super Teacher Eligibility Test is an annual examination conducted for government school teachers in Uttar Pradesh. Super TET is conducted by the UP Basic Education Board (UPBEB).
Question 10. What is the schedule for the result of TET Exam 2021?
answer. TET result varies with the states as the TET exam schedule is different for everyone. The result comes out within a few months from the date of the exam. You can check the state wise result on the official website of the states.
Question 11. Can I give TET exam after passing 12th?
answer. Yes, you can appear for TET exam but you will be eligible to appear for Paper 1 only. You must have a bachelor’s degree to take paper 2.
If you have recently completed a professional course/certification, Click here to submit a review.
Study Books ( प्रतियोगिताओ की तैयारी के लिए किताबे )
- Bestselling books for competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Book for Upcoming competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- New releases in Exam prep books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Shop by competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Great Deals on Exam books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Best buys competitive exams, maximum savings (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Buy Study Materials (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
Important Notice ( महत्वपूर्ण निर्देश )
- Please always check official website before apply.
- कृपया आवेदन से पहले महत्वपूर्ण लिंक्स पर उपलब्ध अधिकारिक वेबसाइट के निर्देशों को ज़रूर पढ़ें )