Rajasthan Staff Selection Board has released the Rajasthan VDO (Village Development Officer) Recruitment Notification. As per the Rajasthan RSMSSB VDO Notification PDF, a total of 3896 vacancies will be announced for the post of Gram Vikas Adhikari (also known as Gram Vikas / Sevak Adhikari). With the help of a proper study plan, it becomes easy to crack this exam. In this blog, we will provide you Rajasthan VDO Prelims Exam Strategy, which will help you to analyze how you can attempt the exam and what should be your preparation strategy.
Rajasthan VDO Exam Pattern
The exam will be conducted in two phases.
- The Rajasthan Village Development Officer Selection Process consists of the following steps:
- preliminary examination
- Main Exam or Interview (to be confirmed later)
Subject wise Distribution-Preliminary Examination:
Here is the subject wise distribution of various subjects in the preliminary exam.
|Subject||number of questions||Mark|
|Panchayati Raj System in Rajasthan||10||10|
|Hindi and English||15||15|
- The preliminary exam will be conducted in the first phase.
- It will be of qualifying nature. Minimum 40% marks are required to qualify the exam.
- There will be a total of 100 questions from the topics mentioned in the syllabus.
- The duration of the exam will be of two hours.
- All questions will be of MCQ type.
- There will be negative marking of 1/3.
Rajasthan VDO Exam Preparation Strategy 2021 – Section Wise Approach:
Let us have an in-depth look at each topic separately for better preparation of Rajasthan VDO Prelims 2021.
General Hindi: Preliminary Exam Strategy
- It takes less time to solve this part and candidates can score more marks.
- Start with the basics if you never had Hindi as a subject in your academics.
- Start with Hindi grammar, as many questions will be asked from grammar itself.
- Hindi can be a scoring section if you pay enough attention to it.
- Focus on reading and writing, this will help you understand the grammar section more easily.
General English: Preliminary Exam Strategy
- First of all clear your basics, you can see the books given below in the table.
- Practice reading newspaper editorials on a daily basis, this will help you build your vocabulary.
- Practice mock tests, analyze your areas of improvement.
- Memorize vocabulary on daily basis, gradually you will build strong vocabulary.
- For idioms and phrases, write down all possible idioms and phrases in a notebook, reading them for 5 minutes on a daily basis.
- Memorize the rules of grammar for better understanding.
mathematics: Preliminary Exam Strategy
- Build rock-solid concepts with enough practice.
- Practice each topic in different difficulty levels to establish a level of comfort.
- Take full-length mock tests to strategize and refine your exam attempt and understand your strengths and weaknesses.
- Start by practicing basic concepts and topics such as Percentages, Profit and Loss, SI and CI, and Averages.
- Attempt previous year papers to get an idea of the level of questions asked in the Quant section.
- During the exam, you can save the questions that are calculative for later. It is not advisable to waste too much time on any one question.
- You have to practice hard to increase the speed of solving numerical problems.
Idea: Preliminary Exam Strategy
- Use Venn Diagrams to solve the problems of Syllogism.
- Blood relation questions can be solved easily by applying real life relation in questions.
- Make a point of practicing riddles daily. With practice you will gain expertise on the subject.
- Input-output questions seem to be lengthy but once you decode the pattern, you can easily reach the solution by proceeding step by step.
- Study all the basics and gain knowledge about how to solve different types of questions.
- Practice about 150-200 questions from each chapter.
- Try marking the wrong options.
General Knowledge: Preliminary Exam Strategy
- The questions asked in the General Knowledge section will be one-liner fact based questions.
- Many questions are asked from General Science section also. So candidates can focus more on the study of General Science.
- Attempt previous year questions, the number of times the questions are repeated.
- Attempt those questions about which you are absolutely sure.
- As many fact based questions are asked, you can prepare them with Lucent.
Computer: Preliminary Exam Strategy
- Basic level questions are asked in computer section.
- One can easily score good marks with good practice in computer section.
- Let’s start with the basics like computer hardware, Ms. Office and the history of computers and their development over the years.
- Practice previous year questions as the questions asked in the exam are sometimes repeated.
- Do not study from proper computer textbooks as they will be of much higher standard than what is required for exam preparation purposes.
Panchayati Raj System in Rajasthan: Preliminary Exam Strategy
- Practice questions from e-books or PDFs available online.
- For more information about Panchayati Raj system in Rajasthan visit the official site.
- Refer to standard school books in Rajasthan.
- Revise more often to get a better understanding of the topic.
Step by Step Tips for Rajasthan VDO Exam
Step 1: Know the syllabus thoroughly
Step 2: Strengthen your fundamentals
Step 3: Increase your knowledge
Step 4: Practice solving questions
Step 5: Mock-Test Based Learning for Prelims
Rajasthan VDO Exam: General Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to prepare for Rajasthan VDO Exam.
- Create time table Many students apply for any exam but then do not study systematically. For systematic study you need a proper time table. So first of all prepare a time table covering all the topics asked in the exam.
- Read good books: There are a lot of books available in the market, but reading all of them will not help. Refer to standard books only (read the list of books mentioned below). If you have notes from your coaching institute then refer them for your preparation.
- Read Newspapers: For Current Affairs section in General Knowledge and English section, newspapers will be of great help.
- Modification is the key: One thing that sets the toppers apart is the habit of revision. For this exam, revision is the key, you have to memorize whatever you are studying.
- Mock Tests for Prelims: Join a mock test series for a better understanding of the actual exam level, test series can help you a lot in this exam.
- Previous Year Question Papers: Go through the previous year question papers, this will help you to get a better idea of the level of the exam and the type of questions asked.
- Keep checking on time: While attempting the mock test, make sure to attempt it in the stipulated time slot.
Rajasthan VDO Preparation: Books and Resources:
Here is a compiled list of books and resources for Rajasthan Gram Sevak Adhikari exam preparation:
|Subject||sources of preparation|
|General Awareness and General Knowledge||Manorama YearbookLucent General Knowledge-Latest Edition|
|mathematics||Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams by RS Aggarwal Accelerated Mathematics Textbook – Quantitative Aptitude and Numerical Ability by Kiran Prakashan|
|Idea||A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Agarwal Shortcuts in Reasoning for Competitive Exams by Direction Experts|
|general Hindi||General Hindi by Lucent Publications|
|general English||Objective General English by SP Bakshi|
|computer||Computer Awareness for General Competitive Exams (Objective with Subjects) by Soumya Ranjan Behera Descriptive English for Competitive Exams|
|Panchayati Raj System in Rajasthan||Rajasthan Panchayati Raj Law by Sukhveer Singh Gehlot|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The Rajasthan Staff Selection Board has not yet released the written exam date for the role of Rajasthan VDO 2021 on its official website. It is believed that this will happen in November 2021.
Yes absolutely. Mock tests help you to get a better idea of the actual exam, it also helps you to practice better for the actual exam.
Practice as much as you can, but make sure to analyze your result thoroughly
Oliveboard Live Syllabus & Mock Test Series
Study Books ( प्रतियोगिताओ की तैयारी के लिए किताबे )
- Bestselling books for competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Book for Upcoming competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- New releases in Exam prep books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Shop by competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Great Deals on Exam books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Best buys competitive exams, maximum savings (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Buy Study Materials (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
Important Notice ( महत्वपूर्ण निर्देश )
- Please always check official website before apply.
- कृपया आवेदन से पहले महत्वपूर्ण लिंक्स पर उपलब्ध अधिकारिक वेबसाइट के निर्देशों को ज़रूर पढ़ें )