The continuing education curriculum will be based on the SSC curriculum.
The Maharashtra State Education Committee will release forms for the Common Entrance Test (CET) for Grade 11 or First Year Junior College (FYJC) on July 19 for those students who wish to take the entrance exam.
Dinkar Patil, chairman of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE), confirmed that CET will take place by August 21st. While CET itself is not compulsory for any student and all students who have passed Grade 10 have been assured of an FYJC seat by Maharashtra’s Education Committee, candidates who have appeared for CET would be given first priority for admission.
“On Monday we will open registrations for CET. Students can log into the board website where a link will be provided. Once students have entered their role numbers, they can choose yes or no and ask them if they want to take the CET or not. There would be separate instructions for students from other academic bodies such as CBSE or ICSE. Once students have indicated their preference, they will be given the option to go to the payment portal and pay the entrance exam fees. It’s free for state board students, while non-state students have to pay government-approved entrance fees, “Patil said.
– Stay up to date with the latest Pune news. Follow Express Pune on Twitter here and here on Facebook. You can also join our Express Pune Telegram channel here.
The continuing education curriculum will be based on the SSC curriculum. “By next week we will be posting the topic and the chapter-by-chapter details on which the tests will be based,” said Patil.
Students from non-SSC board students must pay approximately Rs 170 to enroll for CET.
The continuing education curriculum will be based on the SSC curriculum. “By next week, we’ll be posting the topic and chapter-by-chapter details on which the tests will be based,” said Patil.
Since the board examinations for class X were canceled across the board and the final results were calculated by school-internal assessments, the school education department of Maharashtra has announced a CET for admission to class 11 in order to ensure uniformity and give all students equal opportunities.
Until last year, admission to the FYJC was at the college level, based on grade 10 grades, except in six areas – the urban societies of metropolitan Mumbai, Pune and Pimpri-Chinchwad and the urban society areas of Nagpur, Nashik, Aurangabad and Amravati – where a centralized online admissions process was conducted based on grade 10 earnings and the student’s college preference.
Students who have completed the CET are given preferential treatment in all junior colleges based on their performance in the CET. Admission to the FYJC takes place in phases and in the first phase, students who have appeared for the CET, regardless of the student body, receive admission based on performance. Students who have not opted for continuing education will be admitted to grade 10 after their admission.
CET is held offline and students must go to designated exam centers to show up for the test. It is a 100-point, multiple-choice, question-based exam based on the Class X, SSC, curriculum. The duration would be two hours.
How is CET held?
The question paper, based on Optical Mark Recognition (OMR), contains questions from four subjects, ie English, Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Social Sciences, with each subject bearing 25 percent of the point weight.
A six-member committee was formed, chaired by Maharashtra Education Commissioner Vishal Solanki, to set the dates and other details of the entrance exam.
- Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources according to their journalistic standards.
Study Books ( प्रतियोगिताओ की तैयारी के लिए किताबे )
- Bestselling books for competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Book for Upcoming competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- New releases in Exam prep books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Shop by competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Great Deals on Exam books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Best buys competitive exams, maximum savings (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Buy Study Materials (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
Important Notice ( महत्वपूर्ण निर्देश )
- Please always check official website before apply.
- कृपया आवेदन से पहले महत्वपूर्ण लिंक्स पर उपलब्ध अधिकारिक वेबसाइट के निर्देशों को ज़रूर पढ़ें )