HPSC Haryana Civil Services HCS 2021 General Science Exam Study Material: Review key general science topics and questions with answers for preparation for the HPSC Haryana Civil Services 2021 Prelims Exam, which will be released on Nov.the September 2021.
HPSC Haryana Civil Services HCS 2021 General Science Exam Study Material: The Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC) will pass the HCS (Ex. Br.) & Other Allied Services Prelims Exams on Dec.the September 2021. Prelims Exam consists of two papers: Paper-1 & Paper-2. This exam is only for shortlisted candidates, based on grades received in General Studies (Paper – I), provided the candidate has 33% of the grades in the Civil Service Qualifying Exam (Paper-II) achieved.
HPSC Haryana Civil Services (HCS) 2021 preliminary examination (only for screening)
Number of questions & markings
Paper – I: General Studies (GS)
100 questions & 100 marks
Paper-II: Aptitude Test for Public Service (CSAT)
100 questions & 100 marks
Check out HPSC Haryana Civil Services 2021 Recruitment Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Remember that this exam is for exam purposes only and the grades obtained in the preliminary exam will not count towards the final selection. Both paper 1 and 2 must be objective questions (multiple choice) and each paper has a duration of two hours. The paper is written in English and Hindi. If the answers are wrong, there is a negative rating of 0.25 marks.
Download the previous year’s HPSC Haryana Civil Services Exam materials
HPSC Haryana Civil Services 2021 Prelims Exam – Important general academic topics
Here are some key topics from the General Science Subject of the HPSC HCS 2021 exam:
The general science questions encompass the general appreciation and understanding of science, including questions of day-to-day observation and experience, as might be expected of a well-educated person who has not undertaken a specific study of a particular scientific discipline
biology– Important and interesting information about human body parts, nutrition in animals and plants, diseases and their causes such as bacteria;
physics – SI units, motion, sound, light, wave, energy, electricity;
chemistry – Chemical properties of substances and their uses, chemical designation of important substances such as gypsum, etc., chemical change and physical change, properties of gases, surface chemistry, chemistry in everyday life; Daily science
HPSC Haryana Civil Services 2021 Exam – Essential Questions for General Science with Answers
Below are some key questions about key concepts in general science:
1. Pigment-containing and light-reflecting cells are:
(D) chlorine atoplasts
Explanation: The pigment-containing and light-reflecting cells or cell groups are called chromatophores. They are found in bacteria and a wide variety of animals such as amphibians, fish, reptiles, etc.
2. Blue Revolution refers to the rapid growth of which economic activity?
(C) Commercial Agriculture
Explanation: The term Blue Revolution refers to the remarkable emergence of aquaculture as an important and highly productive agricultural activity. Aquaculture refers to all forms of active cultivation of aquatic animals and plants found in sea, brackish or fresh water.
3. What is the earth doing on its axis?
Explanation: Every day the earth rotates once on its axis, making sunrises and sunsets a daily feature of life on the planet.
4. How many kilometers above sea level is a geostationary satellite?
Explanation: A satellite in such orbit is approximately 35,786 km (22,236 miles) above mean sea level. It maintains the same position relative to the earth’s surface.
5. Which endosymbiotic microorganisms are there in nitrogen-fixing bacteria?
Explanation: Nitrogen-fixing bacteria are prokaryotic microorganisms that are able to convert nitrogen gas from the atmosphere into “fixed nitrogen” compounds such as ammonia, which can be used by plants.
6. Black cotton floors are also known as:
Explanation: The black earth is also known as regur earth or normal earth because cotton is the most common traditional culture in the areas where it is found.
7. The three main kharif plants grown in Haryana are:
(A) Paddy, sugar cane, cotton
(B) Chillies, Wheat, Jowar
(C) Bajra, wheat, legumes
(D) millet, sunflower, mustard
Explanation: The main Kharif cultures of Haryana are rice, jawar, bajra, corn, cotton, jute, sugar cane, sesame and peanuts.
8. The oceanic current created by the irregularly periodic variations in winds and sea surface temperatures over the tropical eastern Pacific is known as:
(A) Humboldt current
(B) El Nino
(C) Canarian Current
(D) Agulhas stream
Explanation: According to researchers, the El Nino-Southern Oscillation (ENSO) is an irregular periodic variation in wind and sea surface temperatures over the tropical eastern Pacific that affects the climate of much of the tropics and subtropics.
9. A high molecular weight compound formed by the combination of a large number of small, low molecular weight molecules is called:
(D) Direct eyes
Explanation: A high molecular weight compound formed by the combination of a large number of small, low molecular weight molecules is called a polymer. A polymer is a large molecule made up of many repeating subunits known as monomers.
10. A vector is a physical quantity with:
(A) mass and volume
(B) density and tension
(C) inertia and tension
(D) size and direction
Explanation: In physics, vector is a quantity that has both a size and a direction. It is typically represented by an arrow, the direction of which corresponds to the size of the size and the length of which is proportional to the size of the size.
Study Books ( प्रतियोगिताओ की तैयारी के लिए किताबे )
- Bestselling books for competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Book for Upcoming competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- New releases in Exam prep books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Shop by competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Great Deals on Exam books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Best buys competitive exams, maximum savings (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Buy Study Materials (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
Important Notice ( महत्वपूर्ण निर्देश )
- Please always check official website before apply.
- कृपया आवेदन से पहले महत्वपूर्ण लिंक्स पर उपलब्ध अधिकारिक वेबसाइट के निर्देशों को ज़रूर पढ़ें )