SBI has released vacancies for the SBI apprentice position for different states like Punjab, Gujarat, Haryana etc. SBI apprentice The 2020 recruitment was published with a number of 8500 vacancies. Prospective students with a degree in any subject can apply. Exam dates for an online exam will be announced. Therefore, it is crucial for the aspirants to know the SBI curriculum & exam plan 2020 and to prepare accordingly.
Since the notice was posted and it was mentioned that the selection process would include a computerized written test for objective questions from a variety of subjects, candidates need to be aware of the curriculum and exam pattern covered in the written exam of the selection process of the SBI Apprentice Recruitment 2020. Recommended Books for preparation are also mentioned in the article. One should go through it to get a detailed understanding of what to prepare according to the curriculum and exam pattern. You can also download a free PDF below for quick reference.
SBI curriculum & exam template PDF
SBI apprentice curriculum 2020
SBI Apprentice 2020 follows an exam pattern of 3 levels with separate qualification criteria in accordance with the approved SBI drop-out apprentice cut. The exam has a different syllabus and exam pattern for each level. The stages are:
- Level 1 (written online test)
- Level 2 (national language test)
- Level 3 (medical examination)
All levels and their curriculum are listed below:
SBI Apprentice Level 1 (online written test) curriculum
SBI Apprentice Online Written Test is a computer-based test with 100 questions for 1 hour.
- Each section has a separate time limit of 15 minutes.
- The exam will be bilingual with the exception of the general English section.
- It has a negative labeling scheme.
All topics asked in the written online test are listed in the table below:
|Stage 1||Syllabus for the written online test|
|Written online test (computer-based)||
SBI apprentice examination curriculum 2020
This section provides a curriculum for all subjects in the written exam. To prepare for the written online exam, candidates should go through all of the above topics. This includes a curriculum in General / Financial Awareness, General English, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Thinking, and Computing Aptitude.
|General / Financial Awareness||
SBI apprentice level 2 (test of national languages)
Candidates who achieve the set cut-off points for level 1 (written online exam) qualify for the next exam level, the language test. The language must be specified by the applicant (according to the languages established for a particular country) and for that particular language he has passed a test carried out by the bank.
- Candidates who have evidence such as grade sheets / certificates of the 10th or 12th grade of the study of the national language are not required for this “test of the national language”.
- The candidate who does not qualify for this test cannot proceed to the SBI apprentice selection process.
SBI apprentice local languages for a specific state
The SBI Apprentice Recruitment 2020 has provided a list of languages for each state that are acceptable for level 2 of the “Test of Local Languages”. Applicants can choose the language according to the state for which they are applying.
The list of languages is tabulated below:
|States / UT||languages|
|Andhra Pradesh||Telugu / Urdu|
|West Bengal||Bengali / Nepali|
|Haryana||Hindi / Punjabi|
|Punjab||Punjabi / Hindi|
|Telangana||Telugu / Urdu|
|Uttar Pradesh||Hindi / Urdu|
|Assam||Assamese / Bengali / Bodo|
|Meghalaya||English / Garo / Khasi|
|Tripura||Bengali / Kokborok|
|Bihar||Hindi / Urdu|
|Jharkhand||Hindi / Santali|
Candidates must select a specific local language for their selected state at the time of completing the SBI Apprentice’s online application form.
Sample for the SBI apprentice examination 2020
The examination scheme consists of 3 steps and all of them are mandatory for the candidates. The first level of the written online exam is 100 points. In this phase of the written online exam you have to qualify depending on the cut-off grades. After you have qualified for these exams, you have two more steps, the Local Language Test and the Medical Test, to proceed to the final selection.
SBI Apprentice Level 1 (Online Written Examination) Examination Pattern
SBI Apprentice Stage 1 exam template consists of 4 parts and is the same for everyone.
- Level 1 is objective in nature.
- The exam has multiple choice questions of 100 marks.
- The total duration of the exam is 1 hour with a time limit.
Refer to the sample SBI Apprentice Online Examination Examination written in the table below:
|subjects||Number of questions||maximum number of points||Duration|
|General / Financial Awareness||25th||25th||15 minutes|
|General English||25th||25th||15 minutes|
|Quantitative suitability||25th||25th||15 minutes|
|Reasoning skills and computer skills||25th||25th||15 minutes|
|total||100||100||60 minutes (1 hour)|
SBI apprentice level 2 (test of the national language) exam pattern
Level 2 of the SBI Apprentice is a national language test that is compulsory for all candidates. The language is country-specific, as mentioned in the table above.
Candidates who can produce a 10th or 12th grade sheet / certificate with evidence of this language do not have to take this examination. You are entitled to switch to the medical test of the selection process.
|Stages||Exam / test|
|Level 2 (national language test)||National Language Test – Candidates must qualify for the language test, as per their chosen state in relation to
SBI apprentice level 3 (medical examination)
Candidates who qualify for the above levels are eligible for the third level. The mode 3 is of the medical examination in which the candidate has to qualify the medical standard according to the bank.
After all the stages SBI apprentice result is declared depending on the brands and places available for each state.
Tips for preparing for SBI apprentices
Because the written online exam has different subjects that you have to take separately. We suggest a few Tips for preparing for SBI apprentices that candidates should follow suit.
- Candidates can follow and practice further logical reasoning and numerical skills books to get precise and accurate answers.
- Other subjects like Financial Awareness, they can follow books that focus on the topics of the bank exam like budget, economics, etc.
- General knowledge and current part can be created using a general knowledge reference work. Candidates can apply for the GK & news from Testbook for daily updates of current events.
- English can be prepared with textbooks such as General English by SP Bakshi, and regular practice can also improve your performance.
Recommended books for SBI apprentices
In preparation for the SBI written apprenticeship exam, aspirants may need a correct book that maximizes the subjects listed in the exam. Here is a list of a few SBI apprentice books for preparation that can be followed:
|book||author||Publications||Feature of the book|
|Quantitative suitability for competitive testing||RS Aggarwal||S. Chand Publications||
|New way of thinking (verbal and non-verbal)||BS Sijwali and Indu Sijwali||Arihant publications||
|Objective computer skills for general competition exams||R. Pillai||Arihant publications||
We hope this article on the SBI ApprenticeSyllabus & Exam Pattern 2020 is helpful and useful for you to pass the exam. Additionally, if you want to practice this type of test series, don’t forget about those Test book app.
Study Books ( प्रतियोगिताओ की तैयारी के लिए किताबे )
- Bestselling books for competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Book for Upcoming competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- New releases in Exam prep books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Shop by competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Great Deals on Exam books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Best buys competitive exams, maximum savings (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Buy Study Materials (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
Important Notice ( महत्वपूर्ण निर्देश )
- Please always check official website before apply.
- कृपया आवेदन से पहले महत्वपूर्ण लिंक्स पर उपलब्ध अधिकारिक वेबसाइट के निर्देशों को ज़रूर पढ़ें )