The Supreme Court on Monday issued notice to the National Board of Examinations (NBE) and others on a plea against last-minute changes in the syllabus of the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) PG Super Specialty Examination 2021 (NEET). SS 2021).
A bench of Justices DY Chandrachud and BV Nagarathna issued notices to the NBE, National Medical Commission and the Center and posted the matter for next week on Monday.
The top court was hearing a plea by Prateek Rastogi and 40 post-graduate qualified doctors, who had challenged the sudden last-minute changes, saying it was done in favor of general medical candidates.
Senior advocate Shyam Divan, representing the petitioners, argued before the bench that the notification for the examination to be held on November 13-14 this year was issued on July 23. However, on August 31, another notification was issued to change the syllabus. Aspirants have suffered a lot due to lack of time to prepare for the exam.
It was argued that as per the prevailing pattern, from 2018 to 2020, 60 per cent marks were allotted from questions in super specialties, while 40 per cent were distributed for questions from feeder courses.
However, it was claimed that as per the proposed pattern, the entire questions for Critical Care Super Specialty would be taken from General Medicine, which would leave candidates from other subjects in a tight spot.
“There was no indication that there was going to be a change in the pattern,” Dewan said.
The petition, filed through advocate Javedur Rahman, said that the candidates are preparing according to the pattern that has been prevailing for the last three years. The petition further states that on earlier occasions, when it was proposed to change the pattern/scheme, the changed pattern/scheme was made public about six months before the examination.
After hearing the arguments in the matter, the bench said: “It is said that in the new pattern there will be 100 per cent questions from the field of general medicine which will be beneficial for the students in general medicine.”
Study Books ( प्रतियोगिताओ की तैयारी के लिए किताबे )
- Bestselling books for competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Book for Upcoming competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- New releases in Exam prep books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Shop by competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Great Deals on Exam books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Best buys competitive exams, maximum savings (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Buy Study Materials (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
Important Notice ( महत्वपूर्ण निर्देश )
- Please always check official website before apply.
- कृपया आवेदन से पहले महत्वपूर्ण लिंक्स पर उपलब्ध अधिकारिक वेबसाइट के निर्देशों को ज़रूर पढ़ें )