TISSNET Exam Preparation 2022 Candidates preparing for TISSNET 2022 must have a clear understanding of all the concepts and fundamentals. TISS Mumbai conducts TISSNET every year for admission to various postgraduate programs offered at all TISS campuses. Candidates can look for all the information related to this exam preparation i.e. how to prepare for each section, syllabus, important books section-wise and exam pattern details.
TISSNET Exam Preparation 2022
TISSNET Registration 2022 Schedule is yet to be released by TISS Mumbai. Candidates can click on the link to know more about the latest development in TISSNET 2022. The information on this page is up to date for the 2021 session.
Before going into the preparation of TISSNET, candidates must know this information related to the exam.
|Competition||Every year around 40,000 candidates appear for TISSNET|
|difficulty of the exam||easy to medium|
|preparation time period||3-4 months|
|eligibility criteria||Candidates having Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university|
TISSNET Syllabus 2022
The TISSNET syllabus consists of three sections – English Proficiency, Maths & Logical Reasoning, and General Awareness. There is no exact syllabus for TISSNET but TISS Mumbai has given various topics for each section which covers them majorly. Candidates can refer to the table given below for the same.
|English proficiency||Word Choice/Sentence Correction, Odd-One-Out, Analogy, Synonyms, Antonyms, Grammar, Verbal Reasoning, Reading Comprehension|
|Mathematics and Logical Reasoning||Basic Arithmetic, Number Series, Basic Geometry, Basic Trigonometry, Data Interpretation, Basic Statistics, Logical Reasoning|
|general awareness||Politics, Social Studies, Science and Technology, Environment, Sports, Art and Culture, Indian History|
TISSNET Exam Preparation 2022 for English Proficiency
Candidates can refer to the information given below to prepare for the English Proficiency Section.
- If candidates have prepared for CAT or SNAP or XAT, then they do not need to prepare extra for this section of TISSNET. If candidates are preparing for TISSNET only, they can follow these steps.
- Reading Comprehension is a very important topic in English proficiency. Candidates can follow these tips to prepare for Reading Comprehension.
- Candidates should read editorials of newspapers, magazines to prepare for reading long paragraphs.
- When reading a paragraph, try to find the purpose and main idea of the passage.
- Reading the entire passage at once is a good way to understand the idea of a paragraph.
- Candidates who do not have experience in solving RCs should start practicing easy questions and then move on to difficult questions.
- For verbal ability candidates should prepare topics for these type of questions.
- Full Stop
- odd word out
- word substitution
- Fill in the Blanks – Idioms, Homophones
TISSNET Exam Preparation 2022 for Maths and Logical Reasoning
Candidates can refer to the information given below to prepare for Mathematics and Logical Reasoning section.
- This section of TISSNET can be divided into three parts – first is Quantitative Aptitude, second is Data Interpretation and second is Logical Reasoning.
- Candidates can follow these tips to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude:
- The most important trick to succeed in this section is to practice a lot. More candidates practice different questions which helps them to understand different concepts.
- Candidate should solve questions from last 2 previous year papers. This will help in time management of these questions.
- It is very essential for this section to understand the basic concepts.
- For QA section candidates should practice questions from these topics:
- number system
- basic geometry
- Ratio and Proportion
- Profit and Loss
- time speed distance
- LCM and HCF
- Candidates can follow these steps to prepare for Data Interpretation:
- The candidates will be asked questions from a set of data given in the form of bar graphs, pie-charts, line graphs, tables etc.
- Use only the data that is given in the question. Do not accept any information.
- Learn some calculation shortcuts to reduce the time to solve these questions.
- To prepare for logical reasoning candidates can follow these steps:
- In this part the logical reasoning abilities of the candidates will be tested. Question with status will be given to the candidates who are analytical in nature.
- Candidates also need to think logically while answering this section.
- To crack this section candidates need to prepare for these topics:
- family tree/system
- statement conclusion
- number/alphabet series
- Venn diagram
- blood relations
TISSNET Exam Preparation 2022 for General Awareness
General Awareness is the most important section of TISSNET. And it also has the maximum weightage among all the categories. Candidates can divide General Awareness into two sections – Static GK and Current Affairs. Candidates can prepare the General Awareness section as per the below given tips.
for current affairs
- Newspapers are the best source of current affairs information. Maintain a daily newspaper reading schedule.
- Manorama Yearbook (Latest Edition) can be referred for current affairs section. The book also has a highlights section which covers all the important matters of that calendar year.
- For current affairs, you can see the current affairs section of any major YouTube channel.
- Watch daily news analysis from any major news channel.
- During the last days of preparation candidates can make notes of major current affairs.
Static GK. For
- For Static GK – Manorama Yearbook 2021, GK 2022 by Manohar Pandey, Lucent General Knowledge candidates can refer to any of these books.
- All these books prominently cover all the topics of static GK like History, Political Science, Mythology, Geography, Sports, Books and Authors.
- Make notes for important events, places, persons so that revision can be done easily in the last days of the exam.
Best Books for TISSNET 2022
Candidates can check the following table for best books for TISSNET 2022.
|Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis||Click here|
|High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren & Martin||Click here|
|How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Arun Sharma||Click here|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT by Arun Sharma||Click here|
|Manorama Yearbook 2021||Click here|
|General Knowledge 2022 by Manohar Pandey||Click here|
How to prepare for TISSNET 2022 Personal Interview?
After the declaration of TISSNET 2022 result, candidates are required to appear for an online personal interview. The personal interview is conducted to test the candidates’ understanding about the college and the program applied by them, basic knowledge about their undergraduate field, understanding of political, social and economic factors. Candidates can refer to these below mentioned points for personal interview preparation.
- Gain knowledge about TISS. Have a clear understanding of why you want to join TISS.
- Have basic knowledge about the program you have applied for. You ask “Why did you choose this program?” Questions like these can be asked.
- Have a detailed understanding of your stream in graduation. If you are changing your stream (eg from engineering to human resources), make a rationale for that.
- Candidates may be asked about a particular political, social or economic issue. You may be presented with a contradictory argument about your stand on a political, economic or social issue.
- Try to be honest with your answers during the interview.
Few More TISSNET 2022 Preparation Tips
- appear for mock test – TISS Mumbai releases a mock test before the exam day, candidates must attempt that mock test. Also in the last month of preparation candidates must attempt various mock tests to assess their preparation level.
- revise regularly – Candidates should revise the basic concepts from each section regularly.
- stay focused – Try to maintain a positive mindset and stay calm during the exam. While preparing, pay more attention to studies but try not to get tired.
TISSNET Exam Pattern 2022
Candidates can check the following table for TISSNET Exam Pattern 2022.
|number of questions||100 (30 English Proficiency, 30 Maths & Logical Reasoning, 40 General Awareness)|
|exam period||1 hour 40 minutes|
|marking scheme||+1 for correct answer|
|negative marking||no negative marking|
|Mode of Examination||Online Mode Computer Based Test|
Frequently asked questions about TISSNET Exam Preparation 2022
A. The candidates should start the preparation at least 2 months before the exam date.
A. You can prepare for TISSNET 2022 by focusing on every section. Try to understand the basic concepts for maths. Read current affairs for GA. For more details, you can find the preparation tips on this page.
A. TISSNET 2022 difficulty level is easy to moderate. If candidates prepare it with a focused plan then they can crack the exam.
a. For Current Affairs, candidates can refer to Manorama Yearbook 2021, and for Static GK they can refer to GK by Manohar Pandey or Lucent GK.
Study Books ( प्रतियोगिताओ की तैयारी के लिए किताबे )
- Bestselling books for competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Book for Upcoming competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- New releases in Exam prep books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Shop by competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Great Deals on Exam books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Best buys competitive exams, maximum savings (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Buy Study Materials (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
Important Notice ( महत्वपूर्ण निर्देश )
- Please always check official website before apply.
- कृपया आवेदन से पहले महत्वपूर्ण लिंक्स पर उपलब्ध अधिकारिक वेबसाइट के निर्देशों को ज़रूर पढ़ें )