UPSC CDS curriculum 2021: The Commission for the Public Service of the Union has the UPSC CDS 2021 curriculum. UPSC conducts CDS exams to recruit candidates for the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Officers Training Academy, and the Indian Air Force Academy. Candidates preparing for the Combined Defense Services Exam can view the full CDS 2021 curriculum here. We have collected the CDS syllabus and exam template and published it here to make it easy for aspirants. This allows candidates to refer to our site and download the latest UPSC CDS curriculum.
UPSC CDS syllabus & exam template 2021:
Aspirants should be aware of the updated exam schedule before beginning preparation. Therefore, candidates are encouraged to review the exam pattern before viewing the curriculum. We have also listed the UPSC CDS 2021 exam selection process.
Selecting the UPSC CDS test involves 2 steps as follows
- Written exam
- Intelligence and personality test
UPSC CDS 2021 Notification – Click Here
UPSC CDS written exam sample:
|For admission to the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Naval Academy (INA) and Air Force Academy (IFA)||English||2 hours||100|
|General knowledge||2 hours||100|
|Elementary math||2 hours||100|
|For admission to the officer training academy||English||2 hours||100|
|General knowledge||2 hours||100|
- The total number of points for the written examination is 500. 300 points for the written exam from IMA, INA and AFA, 200 for the written exam from OTA.
- The question paper is of the objective type (multiple choice questions).
- The questionnaires (general knowledge and elementary mathematics) are written in both Hindi and English.
- Each section is made up 2 hours Duration. A total of 6 hours for IMA, INA & AFA and 4 hours for OTA.
- The standard of work in English and general knowledge is roughly what one would expect from an Indian university graduate.
UPSC CDS written examination schedule:
|English||Questions about recognizing mistakes|
|Questions about sentence arrangement|
|Synonyms & antonyms|
|Fill in the blank questions|
|Idioms and phrases|
|Questions of understanding|
|Order of words in a sentence|
|Order of sentences|
|Parts of the speech|
|General knowledge||History of India|
The standard of work in elementary mathematics will be at the matriculation level.
|algebra||Basic operations, simple factors, remainder theorem, HCF, LCM, theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relationship between its roots and coefficients (only real roots are considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns – analytical and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear inequalities in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems that lead to two simultaneous linear equations or inequalities in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable and their solutions. Sentence language and sentence notation, rational expressions and conditional identities, index laws.|
|geometry||Lines and angles, plane and plane figures, theorems about (i) properties of angles in a point, (ii) parallel lines, (iii) sides and angles of a triangle, (iv) congruence of triangles, (v) similar triangles, ( vi) Correspondence of medians and heights, (vii) properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square, (viii) circles and their properties including tangents and normals, (ix) loci.|
|Measurement||Areas made of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangles and circles. Figure areas that can be subdivided into these figures (field book), area and volume of cuboids, surface area and volume of straight circular cones and cylinders, area and volume of spheres|
|statistics||Collection and tabular display of statistical data, graphic display of frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts, etc. Measures of the central tendency.|
Intelligence and personality test:
Candidates who qualify in the written exam are called on to take the intelligence and personality test.
- The test consists of a two-stage selection process, i.e. stage I and stage II.
- For level II, only candidates who have passed level I are allowed to appear.
- Level I comprises the Officer Intelligence Assessment (OIR) tests, which include the Image Perception and Description (PP&DT) tests.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on the combination of performance in the OIR test and PP&DT.
- Stage II includes the interview, the assignments of the group assessor, the psychological tests and the conference. These tests are carried out over 4 days.
UPSC CDS Curriculum 2021 as PDF – click here
Important links for the UPSC 2021 exam:
Study Books ( प्रतियोगिताओ की तैयारी के लिए किताबे )
- Bestselling books for competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Book for Upcoming competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- New releases in Exam prep books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Shop by competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Great Deals on Exam books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Best buys competitive exams, maximum savings (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Buy Study Materials (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
Important Notice ( महत्वपूर्ण निर्देश )
- Please always check official website before apply.
- कृपया आवेदन से पहले महत्वपूर्ण लिंक्स पर उपलब्ध अधिकारिक वेबसाइट के निर्देशों को ज़रूर पढ़ें )