Each year more than 10 lakh candidates apply for the UPSC Civil Services Exam with the aim of becoming IAS, IPS, IRS, IFS. To prepare for this specific Public Service exam, candidates must have an appropriate preparation strategy and schedule in place and prepare for the UPSC Public Service Exam.
To provide an overview, we’ve provided basic UPSC prep tips in this article, which includes a monthly UPSC prep strategy and prep tips for passing the IAS exam. After consultation with the best upsc coaching in indore Toppers and mentors.
UPSC prep times and planning
It is important to stay focused and committed to becoming an IAS officer. It is one of the hardest tests to master and requires undivided attention. Experts say it takes a candidate at least 12 months of continuous hard work to prepare for UPSC.
Beyond the required deadline, it is essential to have a practical strategy that covers the number of hours a candidate spends preparing for various subjects in the UPSC curriculum. Because the questions on the IAS exam range from Books 6 to 12, many students who have good academic records and who take a concept-based approach will do better than others. Such candidates may need even less preparation time, perhaps an average of 8 hours a day, to pass the exam on the first attempt.
Can the average student take the UPSC exam and become an IAS or IPS officer?
Tips and Techniques to Prepare for the IAS Exam
- Before beginning UPSC preparation, it is recommended that you study the facts about the IAS profession, whether this is the career path you would like to pursue and what it takes to become an IAS official.
- It is important that the aspirant has a clear goal and remains focused and motivated.
- The candidate should be extremely thorough with the exam pattern and be able to understand all of the technical details in order to complete the three phases of the UPSC exam.
- Prelims is an objective type test based on the general knowledge of the course and the suitability of the candidate. On the other hand, the main exam is subjective and requires academic skills.
- Candidates should have their own knowledge base using the best books, study materials, newspapers, magazines, etc.
- Go through the upsc questionnaires for the previous year to better understand the IAS paper format and to find out about relevant topics.
- Always make sure you have a solid understanding of the basics and basic concepts. There is no need to go beyond the basic concepts and understand more than the basic concepts. Remember, the goal is not to become an award winner in one area.
Significance of the previous year’s papers in the UPSC preparation
- Understanding the exam pattern is important and the best way to do it is to know the paper size.
- The UPSC preparation curriculum is huge and can seem difficult if you don’t know exactly how each subject’s questions are formatted in the work.
- Searching the archives will help a candidate determine the number of hours for each subject and assess the correct approach to preparing for each subject. In this way, time and effort can be invested systematically and comprehensively in the UPSC preparation.
- After practicing through UPSC question papers for the past year, candidates will realize that questions are never repeated. So there is no point in garbling the answers. The approach should be to clarify the basic concepts first and then practice as much as possible.
Also read: Preparation plan for the UPSC pre-exam for new aspirants
Tips to prepare for the UPSC exam at home
- Self-discipline is important for effective UPSC preparation. It is okay to meditate for hours in advance, but mastering a personal approach and approach is more than just a few hours. This can be done through cultivating self-awareness and seeking help.
- At each stage of UPSC preparation, a candidate has the privilege of accessing an extensive database of UPSC preparation resources online. This includes advice, advice and guidance on all topics for which they need help. For example the need for test tests and online study materials, which are an integral part of UPSC preparation.
- Mock tests are like real tests and help answer questions in a precise format and set exam times to dramatically increase self-confidence.
- Due to the format of the questionnaire, one must be careful with the negative marking pattern. To avoid any kind of panic or unnecessary answers, it is important to practice mock tests every day.
- Online study material is important as online IAS coaching helps in the live interaction with qualified coaches to help a person know where he / she stands in the UPSC preparation.
Month Wise IAS Preparation Strategy for the UPSC 2020 Exam
The exam cycle tentatively starts in June and takes a year to complete all phases. So you will be busy preparing for a phase all year round. Smart students recognize that the Prelims and Mains exam curriculum overlap a lot. Therefore, a holistic preparation strategy, as opposed to a platform-specific approach, makes sense.
June to October: – Focus on UPSC Elective Preparation. General Studies for Prelims and Mains should also be completed at the same time.
October to December: – Complete curriculum of the static part of the GS for Prelims and Mains.
January to February: – Practice writing answers for the major as well as the elective.
March to May: – Dedicate these last three months extensively to the prelims – for both Paper 1 and CSAT. Practice test tests and revise as much as possible.
June to October: – Revise the elective and appear in test series for Mains, Essay and Elective.
If you prepare for the UPSC exam full-time, you can follow this month with no questions asked. However, if you are a professional, the plan may vary for you. If you need help, please contact UPSC Coaching at Sharma Academy.
Study Books ( प्रतियोगिताओ की तैयारी के लिए किताबे )
- Bestselling books for competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Book for Upcoming competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- New releases in Exam prep books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Shop by competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Great Deals on Exam books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Best buys competitive exams, maximum savings (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Buy Study Materials (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
Important Notice ( महत्वपूर्ण निर्देश )
- Please always check official website before apply.
- कृपया आवेदन से पहले महत्वपूर्ण लिंक्स पर उपलब्ध अधिकारिक वेबसाइट के निर्देशों को ज़रूर पढ़ें )