CTET is conducted by CBSE as an eligibility test for teachers. It is the required certificate while applying for government exams like KVS, DSSSB, NVS, PRT, TGT, and others. Every year thousands of candidates appear in this exam with many relevant questions in their mind. One of them is the question, “Do CTET marks matter in KVS exam?” In this article we will find the answer to this question
What is CTET?
Central Teacher Eligibility Test or CTET exam is conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education). It is organized by the central government for the aspiring teachers looking for government teaching jobs. Its application process and exam mode is completely online. You can further check all the information CTET Online Application Form on our page. The CTET certificate issued by CBSE is valid for life.
For candidates appearing for CTET Exam 2021, they can fill CTET online form by 25 October 2021 and the last date for fee submission is 26 October 2021. CTET Exam (Paper 1 & 2) will be scheduled from 16 December 2021 to 13 January. 2021.
Why is CTET certificate important?
CTET certificate is the minimum eligibility criteria for many teaching examinations of the central government. Many private institutes also consider candidates with CTET certificate for teaching jobs. Thus, qualifying the CTET exam helps the candidates to become a government school teacher. Candidates need to score 60% and above to get CTET certificate.
The CTET exam consists of two papers:
- Candidates aspiring to become a school teacher for classes 1 to 5 have to clear CTET Paper 1.
- A candidate who wants to become a school teacher for class 6 to 8 has to clear CTET paper 2.
- A candidate aspiring to become a school teacher for both the levels (Class 1 to 5 and Class 6 to 8) has to clear both CTET Paper 1 and Paper 2.
CTET Eligibility Criteria:
Before filling the CTET online application form the candidate must go through the CTET eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria for CTET Exam 2021 are:
- For primary teacher candidates, minimum 60% aggregate marks in their 10+2 examination is required.
- For Secondary Teacher candidates, minimum 60% aggregate marks in graduation from a recognized university or minimum 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 are required.
- Relaxation up to a minimum of 5% in aggregate is given for reserved categories like SC/ST/OBC etc.
CTET Eligibility Criteria 2021
What is KVS Exam?
KVS or Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan is one of the major government organizations that conducts examination for the recruitment of teaching and non-teaching staff posts in government schools such as PGT (Post Graduate Teacher), PRT (Primary Teacher), and TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher). does. . The written test is conducted offline followed by the interview.
Candidates aspiring to become a teacher in Kendriya Vidyalaya across India have to clear this exam. After successfully qualifying the KVS exam on the basis of annual cut-off marks, candidates are recruited as Kendriya Vidyalaya Shikshak.
KVS Eligibility Criteria
KVS PGT Eligibility Criteria
Candidate must go through the eligibility criteria before filling the KVS online application form. The eligibility criteria for KVS PGT is mentioned below:
- Candidates need minimum 50% in Masters from any recognized university.
- B.Ed or equivalent degree from any recognized university.
- Candidates are required to be proficient in English and Hindi as the medium of instruction.
KVS TGT Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to check the eligibility criteria for KVS TGT Exam carefully before filling the application form to avoid any confusion. Given below are the eligibility criteria for KVS TGT exam:
- Candidates need 50% aggregate in respective subjects/combination in their Bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates need B.Ed or equivalent degree from a recognized university.
- Pass certificate of CTET Paper 2 conducted by CBSE or appearing in CTET.
- Candidates should be proficient in English and Hindi as the medium of teaching.
KVS Eligibility Criteria
CTET 2021: Cut Off Marks
For general category, candidates who have secured 60% marks in the exam will be considered qualified. Here we are sharing category wise CTET cut off marks:
|Category||Minimum qualifying percentage||passing marks|
|Mango||60%||90 out of 150|
|OBC/SC/ST||55%||82 out of 150|
CTET Certificate Applicability:
CTET is a national level entrance exam that receives a large number of applications. It is conducted to recruit the best skilled teachers for primary and upper primary levels. This exam is conducted twice a year with good scope for promotion. The main advantage of CTET certificate is that it is valid for life.
- After getting CTET certificate, you can also apply for any teaching job like KVS, DSSSB or any central and state government jobs etc.
- Many private institutions and teaching sectors offer privilege For CTET qualified candidates in terms of recruitment and experience.
- CTET certificate holders are also eligible to teach in government school under state government. Although most of the states conduct their own state TET, but the CTET certificate is also valid in many state schools.
As mentioned above, CTET certificate is required to appear in KVS TGT and PRT exam. And the candidates are required to secure the minimum cut-off marks to get the certificate. However, the final marks obtained by the candidates in CTET does not matter in KVS exam. Therefore, the answer is no! CTET is a certificate which only helps the candidates to apply for the KVS exam.
sharing is Caring!
Study Books ( प्रतियोगिताओ की तैयारी के लिए किताबे )
- Bestselling books for competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Book for Upcoming competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- New releases in Exam prep books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Shop by competitive exams (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Great Deals on Exam books (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Best buys competitive exams, maximum savings (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
- Buy Study Materials (यहाँ खरीदें) : Click Here
Important Notice ( महत्वपूर्ण निर्देश )
- Please always check official website before apply.
- कृपया आवेदन से पहले महत्वपूर्ण लिंक्स पर उपलब्ध अधिकारिक वेबसाइट के निर्देशों को ज़रूर पढ़ें )